Army Navy match

Discussion in 'RLC' started by General Melchett, Mar 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

How many of you chaps are going?
  2. A good mob from my unit are going, muggins included - not staying to do London, though :(

see you there, Mon General?
  3. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Maybe I'll be there.

Maybe I'll be going with your lot :lol:

I'm sure we can discuss it face to face soon. :wink:

Not staying to do London is a tad dissapointing though.
  4. Oh dear, it seems I am the only person so far to go for the rugby as well as the tent!

I'll get my coat!
  5. Unfortunately there is one that can not make it. Me :cry:

Will be in a land far away.

Follow the Yellow Brick Road, Follow the Yellow Brick Road, Follow, Follow, Follow, Follow, Follow the Yellow Brick Road.
  6. Can't make it this year as it's Mrs Grumpys' turn (somebody has to babysit) :roll:
  7. Can we ex-serving get tickets, how much and from where?

8. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Yes, get hold of the rugby office in Deepcut. You'll need a ticket (which you can always get on the day at the gate) and a flyer/bracelt thinggy to get you into the bar. These are rationed and you need to get them via the corps. These bracelets are a pain in the arrse (and smoething introduced about 3 years ago) to stop people going from bar to bar to see their mates (crowd control my arrse). Most people hang around their respective bars for all of 30 mins after the match and then head for the Cabbage Patch or Rugby Tavern in town.
  9. And the if the bracelets are only for crowd control and fire limits, why are all the corps making people pay for them this year?

At least we're being ripped off less than REME, who have to pay twice as much as us!
  10. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

They've always charged £2 each for the bracelets to cover the costs of the "entertainment" (though the last time I saw any was about 3 years ago in the N Tryline Bar when there was a jazz band on for all of 5 mins until they gave up with the noise, now we get stuck in that freezing wind-tunnel that is the Ruck and Maul Bar there's FA point in "entertainment" unless it's one of the Matelots getting their fake knockers out).

11. I think its to pay for the Silver Stars!
  12. Your poll should be expanded to include: Do you only come for the cabbage patch and church? Sorry, youngster!
  13. I and loads of colleagues are making a whole weekend of it!

Rugy - cabbage patch - punch & judy - church...............

Full on :lol:
  14. Where is the church now?
  15. RTFQ

Kentish town. Out the tube station, turn right. 100m fork in road, take left fork. Church is big building on right with a line of rugby shirted unshaven men with carry outs from the local offy and thousand yard startes because they're lusting after the gullible looking aussie lassies in low cut tops. Ask the men that look like they took longdon single handed standing around in black warden jackets, they'll direct you.