army motocross team

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by armytankieboy, Jul 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am looking at joining the army and was wondering if the army have a motocross or mountain bike team or are they out of specific regiments. if so which regs are they.

2. i am looking to continue my motocross career in the army aswell, i know he royal artillery have a motocross/enduro team, however are you going to join the army just for a sport. if your not going to enjoy the job then dont have that as a career just because of your sport!

3. Army Sports

Yes - there is an Army Cycling org - coveres all cycling and there is mountain biking.

4. There are numerous motorcycling fraternities in the Army, but the main ones are as follows; RLC Enduro Team, REME Enduro Team, Royal Engineers Enduro Team, Royal Artillery Motorcycle Display Team.

You will notice that MX isn't supported and that it because it wasn't recognised by our governing body - BAFMA.

However, since the demise of BAFMA earlier this year, it is anticipated that all forms of off-road motorcycling will be recognised by the Army Sports Board and therefore, these organisations (who were previously affiliated to BAFMA) will be free to indulge in MX, enduro, trials, H&H etc.

Of course, until that time, you can still persue MX as you see fit.