Army Medical

#1
I've just done my B.A.R.B and got 75 :)...i want to join the infantry and my next step is for my doctor to fill in the army health questionaire. I previously suffered from migraines however i havent had one in over 2 years im 16 at the moment. Do you think this wil be a problem in my application?

Thanks
 
#4
Nay bother, mate. I was rather pleasantly surprised during my RAF Regiment med to be invited to take off my pants and lie down on a trolley so that a rather fetching lady from the RAF could give my balls a squeeze.

Didn't cost me a cent, neither!

Good luck!
 
#5
You're lucky you had a fetching young lady. I had some crusty old fart who looked like he was there when they were penning the first draft of the Hippocratic Oath! 8O

Still nearly got wood though! :D

(That was years ago when i went for a 6th form scholarship...didn't get it!)
 
#6
Father_Gundulph said:
You're lucky you had a fetching young lady. I had some crusty old fart who looked like he was there when they were penning the first draft of the Hippocratic Oath! 8O

Still nearly got wood though! :D

(That was years ago when i went for a 6th form scholarship...didn't get it!)
You, he, both? Shocking. Funny you should say that. I was terrified that the trouser snake might squirm a bit. She was an officer too and remarked that I seemed "a bit hyper". Well you would, wouldn't you?

My contribution to the RAF so far? Having a ball squeezed. Per Ardua ad Astra as they say.
 
#7
thanks for the replys now il jus look forward to having my balls squeezed :)
 
#8
My sister-in-law works at the med center at ATR Pirbright, and she says that if its over two years, it shouldn't be a problem. However, do not go to the med center and ask for analgesics for a headache, as you will be binned straight away, especially with your migraine history (this goes for all recruits also apparently).
 
#9
If all else fails there are plenty of employment opportunities in the Army cookhouses which would be providing a valuable service cleaning the cutlery and crockery because lets face it , where would we be without such people. I think you should give that option some serious thought young man.
You could have a real future ahead of you!
 
#10
hey i have a bicuspid aortic valve (heart murmur) and am considering going to america for correctional/replacement surgery this would be so i could join but im having trouble finding out if they would accept me as i dout they like the surgery aspect any help please email me at jasonbrooks715@msn.com
 
#11
Father_Gundulph said:
You're lucky you had a fetching young lady. I had some crusty old fart who looked like he was there when they were penning the first draft of the Hippocratic Oath! 8O

Still nearly got wood though! :D

(That was years ago when i went for a 6th form scholarship...didn't get it!)
define IT?

I got some old b4stard on the 6th form scholarship board too.. he gave my bollocks a full on pinch! I was shocked. Maybe I've got to do an RAF medical after this extra bit of news..
 
#14
ArmyisMyDream said:
I've just done my B.A.R.B and got 75 :)...i want to join the infantry and my next step is for my doctor to fill in the army health questionaire. I previously suffered from migraines however i havent had one in over 2 years im 16 at the moment. Do you think this wil be a problem in my application?

Thanks
Well mate they asked me for more information on migraines i had, i was pi55ing it to be honest waiting for a reply because my last migraine was about 3 months ago. I called them up the other day and my CA said it was all fine and i could carry on the application process! :D

So if i was you mate, i definately wouldn't worry...unless you have been on prescribed medication for it.
 
#15
BRADLEY0708 said:
hey i have a bicuspid aortic valve (heart murmur) and am considering going to america for correctional/replacement surgery this would be so i could join but im having trouble finding out if they would accept me as i dout they like the surgery aspect any help please email me at jasonbrooks715@msn.com
WAH! Surely...
 
#16
Carcass said:
BRADLEY0708 said:
hey i have a bicuspid aortic valve (heart murmur) and am considering going to america for correctional/replacement surgery this would be so i could join but im having trouble finding out if they would accept me as i dout they like the surgery aspect any help please email me at jasonbrooks715@msn.com
WAH! Surely...
If its not then give up now. Theres no way you are getting in with a defective valve, fixed or not.

I still say Wah though.
 
#17
jew_unit said:
Carcass said:
BRADLEY0708 said:
hey i have a bicuspid aortic valve (heart murmur) and am considering going to america for correctional/replacement surgery this would be so i could join but im having trouble finding out if they would accept me as i dout they like the surgery aspect any help please email me at jasonbrooks715@msn.com
WAH! Surely...
If its not then give up now. Theres no way you are getting in with a defective valve, fixed or not.

I still say Wah though.
Interesting how his email addy and his username are totally dissimilar.. hmmmmm..
 
#18
Hi did you get in the army ok with your migraines? you seemed quite young to have them though i wonder if they were the same as adult ones kc
 
#19
karenc said:
Hi did you get in the army ok with your migraines? you seemed quite young to have them though i wonder if they were the same as adult ones kc
There's no lower age-limit on migraines - they do happen in <20 year olds...
 
#20
I have sufferred from migraines since early days of childhood and entered service when 20 years old. Now in my 24th year of service and still can suffer from them, though manage to catch 99% of them before they grow into full-blown with obsessive use of ibrufen and migraleve.

I have been fortunate in having bosses who accepted the illness and over the years have identified how they start and therefore are able to try and prevent it, or start taking the tablets before it even starts to hit me!

Hope you have got in, once in, get precriptions and then no problems!!
 

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top