Army medical questions/What to try and get into within the army?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by timbeh, Oct 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there

I have recently dropped out of uni after two weeks as it did not feel right spending money I have not made yet and I did not like the student lifestyle in general. I was wondering if Gilbert's Syndrome rules you out of army selection and I have previously had one or two panic attacks at tough stages in my life although this is not a long term problem and I have never had depression.

I am kind of lost in life after dropping out of uni, after successful A level results and was wondering what is army life like and what positions are good to go for?

Many thanks
  2. Go to the local AFCO and ask the nice recruiters. Just don't feel bad for spending the Army's money that you haven't earned.
  3. You'll be fine there's nothing scary in the army...
  4. Apart from the NAAFI birds
  5. A good friend of mine successfully applied to join the navy despite suffering from Gilbert and Sullivan's disease. He's currently serving on HMS Pinafore.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. P.s. Wtf is gilberts syndrome? Are you Stephen hawking? Ffs
  7. Also known as:
    Familial benign unconjugated hyperbilirubinaemia
    Constitutional liver dysfunction
    Familial non-hemolytic non-obstructive jaundice
    Icterus intermittens juvenilis
    Low-grade chronic hyperbilirubinemia
    Unconjugated benign bilirubinemia

Don't you know anything?
  8. No, as I did not even get your answer.
    Using phrases like 'hyperbilirubinemia' get a grip man!
  9. You are doctor nick riviera from the simpsons and I claim my stolen script pad.
  10. I wouldn't worry too much about being a sickly, jaundiced, young unemployed, failed student wankstick though. Napoleon Boneparte had GS, (bit of a factoid there fans.) and he was in the Army. In fact he did quite well for a while. I think he made Sergeant, and he travelled a lot. Waterloo, Moscow (nearly) and the delightful island of Elbe.

So yeah, go for it, and if you start turning yellow due to the pressure of the BARB test, put a lampshade on your head and pretend you're Chinese.
  11. A disease that made him go green would be cool. The enemy would think "**** me, that bloke's turning into the ******* Hulk" and piss off.
  12. Save on cam cream as well!