Army may recruit from Jamaica

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Countryman, Jul 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC

2. What about all of the commonwealth then?

3. We are already there!!! Have been recieving these guys for the last year and a bit.

OPT just back from Belize and St Lucia where another 300 were recruited.

4. Exactly. This is an extremely odd story. Despite the MOD saying "its plans for Jamaica were 'still at an early stage'" we have been aware of this for some time from open sources, and saw no reason to object.

5. msr

msr LE

Jamaica?

No she joined of her own accord...

I'll get me coat.

6. good point

7. You can FACK right off with your outlandish ideas...

Now who's got better things to do than marching up and down the square?

8. Queens own Buffalo Soldiers

9. The Royal Irie Rangers

10. Well we sent a team to Sri Lanka earlier this year.

11. How is recruiting in Jamaica, news , and "at an early stage"??

Sorry, I'm confused

Are they proposing a new exercise as well? I'd call it "Red Stripe'" or similar.

If you want to find fine young potential recruits to soldier , I'd suggest doing a roadshow to the public schools with an existing strong military ethos like Knox , Mannings etc.

12. Ex Ganja Warrior

13. Surely Somalia, Sudan or Congo..... Oh you meant youth recruits as opposed to soldiers, my bad.

The state school used to be the ideal location as a way of offering those less fortunate to climb out of their social/family circumstance, both sides then benefited. How much has that been restricted now since the outcry a few weeks ago from teachers?

14. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Well if they can field an SF unit then well have have to start calling it "dem"