Army Marketing Chief In Web Warning

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pluvia_Plumbum, Jun 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He may have been thinking of ARRSE but clearly he is not well informed. Public opinion of the military is high. Public opinion of the current wars which it is sent to fight is not. If he cannot see the difference then perhaps he knows little about other things.

2. msr

msr LE

Perhaps he should be sorting the current fiasco on the army's website rather than giving interviews.

msr

3. This stupid creature is 'Army Marketing Chief', and he allowed a comment like: "With public opinion of the Army at an all time low..." to be published?

I hope he's "considering his position".

4. If you google 'mark bainbridge Army' you get details of his facebook site so that you can leave him a message.

5. With public opinion of the Army at an all time low, Bainbridge acknowledged the risks involved with encouraging feedback from consumers, but claimed they are outweighed by the benefits of using web 2.0 initiatives to open the channels of communication.

With public opinion of the Army at an all time low

To my eye he hasn't/doesn't say this.
    It reads that it is the view of the article writer.

Bainbridge
    "acknowledged the risks involved with encouraging feedback from consumers, but claimed they are outweighed by the benefits of using web 2.0 initiatives to open the channels of communication."

Anyone else see it as poor writing/mischief making?

6. Like this for example?

http://www.army.mod.uk/3mibn/index.htm

Mark is just making points that should be common sense. However, I'd seriously look at the broken link issue so prevalent on the Army website Mark, it undoes a lot of the good work done on Army Pathfinder, especially when people follow the links to suggested jobs/units and get a 404 'Computer says no' message?

Cast iron, robust and fully functional website showcasing the best first, then worry about the rest...

Broken link checkers ain't that expensive, compared to the damage being done to image.

And 43 Wessex's unit locator needs work.

Feel free to uncloak and say a few words Mark ;)

7. I think that you could be correct. On a second reading it appears that the journalist made the comment about public opinion. It was not robustly refuted though.

8. msr

msr LE

And pop down to the TA forum for some robust reviews of the TA website.

msr

9. No he doesn't, RG doesn't really rate ARRSE as a significant recruitment demographic, when you consider how many of it's members are already in the forces or left.

This is Bebo, myspace etc. Look at the demographic of camouflage magazine, the future army recruit. More likely to use txt talk, so sure to p1ss off the guardians of the english language that lie in wait on here!

Remember RG's interest diminishes after the recruit goes in to ITGs domain

Any opinion expressed to Marketeers by those within the organisation to be marketed won't be looked at seriously as those individuals (in this case Regular and TA) are already institutionalised/fixed in view/sold to.

Sorry, msr/PTP, advice to him need not apply

BTW i always thought ARRSE was already the embarassing one at the unit piss up, doing the senior ranks shuffle, bezzering the CO and unsubtly groping a wife or three.

10. Looking at the equipment page there is a video of various bits of kit. At 22 sec you see a mortar which is large and seems to have wheels. Did we borrow them? Or has some one cut the wrong/old film in.

11. msr

msr LE

Because no-one in the TA works in marketing? And none of us can spot a broken / defective web site? :roll:

msr

12. You can still get the old website by placing a 2 after www for example

www2.army.mod.uk/3mibn/index.htm or by googling 43 bde.

I think the old site should stay around until mid November(ish) before the plug is pulled. Hopefully by then all the current web editors will have been trained and will have adapted their site to the new one.