Army Kitchen Terms:

Hello I am doing some research for a story that I am writing... I wanted to know what the UK- British Terms for Army Kitchen and the ranks?

Is Sergeants' Mess is the same thing as Enlisted Dining Facility?

Is the Canteen is the same thing as kitchen or cafeteria?

If you can help me I would much appreciated!!!

Teresa Stern

Texas/USA

M

MrsBee

Ahh that's ok then lol good luck with some of the answers you may receive

I can't help I'm afraid.

Is the book about brits or fellow septics?

Hello I am doing some research for a story that I am writing... I wanted to know what the UK- British Terms for Army Kitchen and the ranks?

Is Sergeants' Mess is the same thing as Enlisted Dining Facility?

Is the Canteen is the same thing as kitchen or cafeteria?

If you can help me I would much appreciated!!!

Teresa Stern

Texas/USA
Problem is that we know what they are, but don't necessarily know what they correspond to.

A Sergeants' Mess is a sort of club/dining facility/home for Sergeants (and usually WOs, where it would be a Sgts and WOs Mess). It combines single living accommodation, messing facilities and a bar. There will be a similar Mess for Officers too.

I'd guess that an Enlisted Dining Facility would be more like a junior ranks mess, which is generally just a dining facility with accommodation and bar facilities located elsewhere.

Ahh that's ok then lol good luck with some of the answers you may receive

I can't help I'm afraid.
If she was 14 would you have chased her away with threats of harsh font?

Depends if it's PAYD - if so, you can have one for 11p and the second will cost you £8.46.

Problem is that we know what they are, but don't necessarily know what they correspond to.

A Sergeants' Mess is a sort of club/dining facility/home for Sergeants (and usually WOs, where it would be a WOs' and Sgts' Mess). It combines single living accommodation, messing facilities and a bar. There will be a similar Mess for Officers too.

I'd guess that an Enlisted Dining Facility would be more like a junior ranks mess, which is generally just a dining facility with accommodation and bar facilities located elsewhere.
Sorted that for you.

Sergeants Major are Warrant Officers, so eat in the WOs and Sgts mess.

M

MrsBee

If she was 14 would you have chased her away with threats of harsh font?
No, I would have groomed her convinced her to visit locked her in my pantry an then watched the media storm surrounding it, eventually selling her in to the underage prostitute business for some dosh and gettin rid of her.

With the BA it is never simple. Sgt Mess is the home and dining facilities of single and living in Sgt and Warrant officers. It can be a tent or a permanent building. Some Sgt mess have 20-30 living in and some have 100. On promotion to Sgt you alternatively become a mess member and get a mess bill. As well as a home for singles it is also a function facility and bar\s depending on its size. Mess functions will be held in it when formal dress is worn. You will have mess stewards and waiters and a mess manager, some will be civi some Mil.

The soldiers dining facility is the cook house or dinning hall. A canteen is the soldiers bar ie. NAAFI (Navy Army Air Force Institution). They provide bars and some entertainment for troops as well as café selling Tea of course, pies some of which have been known to be hot and dobby dust. They will also provide a shop which is run by Spare now (may need up-to-date correction).
hop that helps.

No, I would have groomed her convinced her to visit locked her in my pantry an then watched the media storm surrounding it, eventually selling her in to the underage prostitute business for some dosh and gettin rid of her.
Phew.

Good job you didn't fly in feet first trying to look clever without knowing the answers she was looking for or you'd have looked silly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fang_Farrier Book Reviews 0
T Competitions 48
Line_Grunt The Intelligence Cell 54