• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Army Kit

We really do get issued some great kit these days on Operations, however you should be allowed to wear it. We have been issued the shorts, some of the guys walk about 25 meters to work, they have to get changed at the gate into there trousers walk 15 meters and then put there shorts on how crazy is that. It's no surprise when you have people like the fat man in BHQ of who thinks he is something special.

C5H12O said:
Sorry, forgive me, but im concerned that he is thinking Cyprus, if thats where this guy is, is classed as a Operation?????
Its happening on Telic. I dont think the shorts are issue. Some QM's have squared it with a chogie stitch to alter dessie combat pants.

Someone quite high up the food chain has decided that the British Army are not actually on holiday regardless of the amount of sun and sand, so dont want us to walk around looking as if we are - if that were the case we should be issued with a knotted hanky for the head.

Can't be a bad tour if this is all there is to whinge about.

dingerr said:
Its happening on Telic. I dont think the shorts are issue. Some QM's have squared it with a chogie stitch to alter dessie combat pants.
Telic 4, we were issued desert shorts and allowed to wear them in the work place. Not this call sign, didn't matter how hot it got. Just smacks of being on Skegness beach IMO. (Anyway, they were too long in the leg to look good in)

mcnato said:
dingerr said:
Telic 4, we were issued desert shorts and allowed to wear them in the work place. Not this call sign, didn't matter how hot it got. Just smacks of being on Skegness beach IMO. (Anyway, they were too long in the leg to look good in)

Mcflabo,
You wouldn't look good in a funkin armanai suit driving a porsche with Kate Moss snorting coke through your O grade Cr's! Admit it you modelled for the Fig 11 and Balderick sends you his uniform to Iron!

Moon_Monkey_Spunk said:
and Balderick sends you his uniform to Iron!
WTF fcuk is an iron! There are no straight lines in nature. Obviously this will be you on duty agin after getting chucked out by the missus for NOT being able to drink like a man.

mcnato said:
Moon_Monkey_Spunk said:
and Balderick sends you his uniform to Iron!
WTF fcuk is an iron! There are no straight lines in nature. Obviously this will be you on duty agin after getting chucked out by the missus for NOT being able to drink like a man.
Apparently M M S was seen wearing desert pattern shorts, drinking white lightning, and singing RCT songs, after his missus kicked him out, allegedy!

I'd like to add my 2p at this point. Next time you wander past the cooks tent whilst out in Iraq, Kosovo, Oman etc, pop inside and have a chat with the chef... then you'll really know what phucking hot is. Desert shorts my arse.

I have no dramas with the R.E. wearing them whilst working like mad out in the heat in a non-threat area.
But some of the feckers at the APOD look like they are away on ''Tony's Tours'' oh sh@t we are. I guess its upto
to units RSM's /CO's .Saying that any self respecting soldier wouldnt be seen dead in them shorts, they look chippy
as hell.

paveway_3 said:
to units RSM's /CO's .Saying that any self respecting soldier wouldnt be seen dead in them shorts, they look chippy
as hell.
I seem to recall it was only the rock apes on TELIC 6 who wore them.

I rest the case for P3's prosecution ;)

msr

The only people I've seen wearing shorts in uniform are:

a. Sappers. Nuff said.

b. Crabs. That should be nuff said, but I'm going to add to it anyway. They wear these gay little nylon shorts. They also wear the kind of two lace-hole half-desi-wellies normally only seen on nonces and clergymen (one and the same, you may well argue). Lastly, they wear these ridiculous socks right up to their knees - gay and a bit noncey, to boot.

So, shorts: Great for the beach. Rubbish for the army.

When i was in Kenya the first thing you did was hand in your lightweights and the tailor made them in to dapper shorts. You take the piss for the first day then they are a god send. We got a chit to give to our parent unit, when we got back, to get new pairs. When going out of camp etc we had to wear trop trousers.

Latest Threads