Army Kit

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by Shadrack, Feb 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone give me the site for a good army surplus supplier. I've already googled it but if there are any sites people have found particularly cheap, reliable or quick in delivery i'd like to hear. (already seen Cadet Kit Shop etc.)

2. if you want to save your pennies i suggest ebay...you'll get a fairer price (-;=

3. What in particular are you looking for? Some stores are better than others at certain products or have a better range of suppliers. I'd always suggest Yellow Pages first, and actually go to your local store, because then at least you can see what you're buying. A good general one is Cadet Direct, but again it depends on what you want. Have a look around Arrse, there is are loads of links scattered about.

4. Didn't have EBay in my OTC days, we just banjoed each other's lockers when we wanted more kit.

Do a google search for the item you want but check a lot of different suppliers to compare prices and P&P.

5. Didn't have EBay in my OTC days, we just banjoed each other's lockers when we wanted more kit.

Do a google search for the item you want but check a lot of different suppliers to compare prices and P&P.

6. Did you have Ebay in your day, arrse ninja, I didn't quite hear that the first time ?

7. Oops sorry. Double posted like a t**t.

Anyway, we didn't have eBay in my day.

8. What kit have you been issued in the OTC/ACF ?

Dubora's in Aldershot used to fill the gap for 5 AB Bde for any issued kit we needed cheap (extra webbing pouches, etc) and HM Supplies filled the gap for any gucci non-issue or custom-made kit we needed (bergen liners, modifying kit)

rvops do a lot of good kit to supplement issued kit and JayJays (Brecon) and Johnbullclothing (Catterick) have various items as well

FFS stick to G10 for Men/issued kit in DPM (none of this woodland cam business), both for serious security/identification reasons and to avoid looking like a 'Walt' when sharing camps with real soldiers (and you can also exchange items when they break)

9. arrse ninja didn't have Ebay in his day for anyone who missed that ... :wink: :lol:

10. :lol: :lol:

But I can vouch for DuBora's v.v. helpful.

HM Supplies - cheap and easily broken kit

John Bull(sh*t) - lets put SAS in front of the item description and charge an extra £10 (but bargains can be found and there is some good stuff at the back of the shop)

USMC - :lol: don't bother

Stringtown Supplies - see USMC

SASS - rich are you?

Silvermans - Good range, expensive P&P

EBay - not bad at all (wish they had eBay in my day :lol: )

11. cadetdirect.com is pretty good, apart from it can take bloody ages for stuff to arrive

12. I sell on ebay (field gear first) small shop as its only a hobby at the moment

13. Where's he gone? At least tell us if you've found what you were looking Shadrack :wink:

14. Flectarn. Is pretty good, prices ok and if you order before noon the kit will get to you the next morning

15. Never had any problem with Drop Zone supplies when I was in the OTC.
    http://www.army-surplus.co.uk/

Things arrived quickly and on one occasion I got extra things I didn't order...always a bonus.