• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Army kit on Ebay

#1
Someone (or rather some people) are selling PRRs on ebay, I've contacted ebay with no reply yet.

Does anyone know of any more I can do to get these low lifes to stop selling stolen property?

Just in case you don't know, there are good reasons not to sell this stuff.
 
#5
flagwaver said:
Someone (or rather some people) are selling PRRs on ebay, I've contacted ebay with no reply yet.

Does anyone know of any more I can do to get these low lifes to stop selling stolen property?

Just in case you don't know, there are good reasons not to sell this stuff.
Contact MOD Police - they are currently investigating many simliar incidents.
 
#7
how do you know the kit is stolen? Some of the sellers are offering VAT reciepts, which means strangely enough that they are VAT registered i.e a business.

I would imagine that this means that the equipment is freely available on the open market. Do they come with the crypto fills? probably not and I would imagine that the Russians, Chinese, Americans, Eskimos and other foriegn powers already have this kit and are hardly likely to need to buy it on e-bay. Also naughty people in Iraq probably have this kit also (stolen from camps, lost on patrol, left behind in abandoned vehicles etc..)

Is it really a drama?
 

jmj

Old-Salt
#8
Filbert Fox said:
I would imagine that the Russians, Chinese, Americans, Eskimos and other foriegn powers already have this kit
"Initially supplied to the British Army under the BOWMAN programme, the
PRR is now in service with approaching 30 nations world-wide. Nearly
200,000 units have been produced of the current model and the company is
now exploring further developments of the system and increases in capability"


Fromwww.selex-comms.co.uk/selex_comms_update.pdf+army+prr+frequencies&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=6] LINK[/url]

Basically, everyone who wants one's got one.

J
 
#9
I don't see what the big deal is. As far as I can see all the stuff on there is surplus kit that they didn't need or was knackered (the PRRs are fit for spares only it would seem).
 
#11
flagwaver said:
Someone (or rather some people) are selling PRRs on ebay, I've contacted ebay with no reply yet.

Does anyone know of any more I can do to get these low lifes to stop selling stolen property?

Just in case you don't know, there are good reasons not to sell this stuff.
You fucking girl's blouse.

Who gives a shit (except you) anyway?

The fact that a PRR is for sale will not affect your sad life one iota. However if e-bay sold women it could alter your life, eg give you one.

Are you related to Norris Cole from Corrie?
 
#13
I was fairly pole-axed by the amount of British military kit that was being flogged on Ebay last year, so I did some digging. It appears that the Disposals side of the MOD get rid of this kind of stuff (yes, BOWMAN aswell) on a regular basis and it is damn difficult to track through the system. Having said that, there is a certain Staffy at CCRIO who has been tasked to monitor what was being flogged (mainly NVGs/sights etc) and act accordingly.

Despite what some may feel, this problem costs the tax payer (i.e. you and I) a hefty whack per year (one young Guardsman was flogging his whole TELIC kit entitlement and his OSM until I asked his RSM to have a wee chat with him). Also check out the amount SA80 weapons parts that seem to appear for sale every now and again.
 
#19
Badger_Heed said:
stackon said:
Tell you the truth some cuntbag stole 50 PRR's from a camp I am serving on at the moment.
Sort your stores accounting and security out then you whining homo.
Fook all to do me with knobjockey. maybe you're into thieving scumbags??

wouldn't liked to have shared a room with you and had to watch my kit all the time.
 
#20
stackon said:
Badger_Heed said:
stackon said:
Tell you the truth some cuntbag stole 50 PRR's from a camp I am serving on at the moment.
Sort your stores accounting and security out then you whining homo.
Fook all to do me with knobjockey. maybe you're into thieving scumbags??

wouldn't liked to have shared a room with you and had to watch my kit all the time.
Where is he implying he wants to nick your kit?

He did however imply that your security eg your camps security is shit.

The whining homo thing sounds about right though..............

You whining homo.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts