Army investigates Kenya rape claims

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Apr 9, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. mmmmmmm methinks its a compensation scam  :-/

3. If this was the case where are all the HIV cases in the services.

4. msr

msr LE

and all the mixed race babies?

5. :mad: Let's face it, the real question / decision is whether the MOD bottles it and just offers an Out of Court "honestly we're not admitting liability, really - please don't write negative stories" settlement on the grounds that this will "make it go away"....

I'd hate to put money against this happening.... but there seem to be plenty in Government who never learn, and in a Cabinet that still tolerates Clare Short (of dignity)
    ??? ???

6. You're so negative ;D

7. I SAW THIS ONE ON THE BOX IN THE SAME REPORT THAT CARRIED THE LOCALS GETTING THEIR MASSIVE COMPO PAYOUTS FOR THE INVOLUNTARY RANGE CLEARANCE. IT'S BANDWAGON TIME IN NANYUKI!!
    OBVIOUSLY COMPLETE B*LLOCKS ESPECIALLY GIVEN ALL THE HIV/AIDS WARNINGS OF THE PAST 10 YEARS. (MIND YOU IT DIDN'T STOP SOME COLDSTREAMERS THAT I SAW THERE IN '93, MADE A CHANGE FROM SHEEP PRESUMABLY).

8. The real question is nothing to do if these women got raped at all. The complaint against the army  will stand or fall on what action was taken to investigate these matters at the time.

If they were not reported the army can hardly be blamed for not investigating something it did not know about.

If on the other hand the army recieved complaints that it blanked or did not investigate properly the way could be open to some massive payouts.

If you were in SIB in about 1983 I suggest you find your old notebooks fast. ???

Trotsky

9. msr

msr LE

10. cant see anything on the link

11. Possibly because its 7 years old? :)

12. ah the Wah drifters come in and bite :)

13. If you say so.........:thumright:

14. Royal Welsh in '09 as well