Army Ice Hockey

Do you have a link to any team info? I'm a rabid ice hockey fan and am in serious withdrawal since moving to Blighty!

Rugby on skates...fannies need not apply... :D

Yes, but I'm a civvie. And my serving other half is a bit like Bambi on skates...but I can always ask.

You can still play for us as a dependant. We have a couple of games this weekend if you are interested.

How long have you been playing and have you got your gear still?

I am in the TA and play for a local rec team in Milton Keynes. There are a few teams in MK rec semi pro etc how about a charity tournement with the army team for help for heroes?

Is there a contact for ice hockey in the army? im in the T.A. ive played rec in hull but ive been out for 6 months with an injury but id like to train with an army team, ( i confess im not that good) ive spoken to my last psi and my new one with no joy, can anyone help? thanks

Looking for some contacts.
I am the Centre Manager for the Alpine Training Centre in Bavaria (yes it is a great job).
I am also a massive fan of ice Hockey.
I run one of the fan clubs for our Local team ERC Sonthofen 99 (www.erc99.de]) and also manage the Babini Team for the club.
I am looking at organizing a friendly game in september/October for an Army team to play against Sonthofen. If anyone can give some contact names, telephone numbers etc it would be most helpful. You can reach me in my office on 0049 8322 606631 or E-Mail me.

Thanks
Stevie clifford

i have an interest in joining the army at some stage, but at the moment im only 16, but i do play ice hockey competititively in the under 18s. how old do you have to be?

Hi guys im joining in March, going to AFC Harrogate then on to the Royal Regiment of Scotland. I play hockey for my local under 18s team and would like to continue playing in the army will i be able to join a team either whilst i am at Harrogate or once i join my regiment? thank you

ah i see probably a no then

There are a few teams in the Army that you can train with. The Engineers, AGC, RLC, REME, AAC all have their own teams. The Enginners and AGC are the newest Corps teams having only been set up last yearas the sport has only just recieved recognition from the sports board. There is also the Army Allstars for those that haven't got a Corps team and then the is the Rhino Raiders who train in Herford, Germany every Sunday. If you are in Germany you should try their Facebook page for all info. If you are in the UK then there is training on a Monday evening in Bassingstoke with the Engineers and a semi military training session on Sundays at Bracknell. There is also I think a Wednesday training time in Bassingstoke which is led by the AAC but from what has been said this is more of a civilian session. If anyone wants to attend the sessions then check some of thye older Soldier or Sapper magazines. Hope that helps.

Does anyone have the details for the sunday training in bracknell? Also is there any training on a friday or saturday night that i would be able to go on. I have been out of the game for about a year now but used to play in the epl and im wanting to get back into the game.