Army I.D Cards

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mango_Juice, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was just wandering whether anyone else thought it takes the 'Gent's toilets in a nightclub on a saturday night' piss, that NOWHERE in england(certainly not any place that i have been) accepts army id's as a form of formal identication or age verification etc. and if they do it is very reuluctnantly after a bit of persuasion. just wanted to know other points of view and if anyone has a GOOD reason why this is so. :)
  2. Maybe your just a scruffy mong looking Charlie. Just my opinion.
  3. Proberbly because they are few and far between these days and very few people outside of the military get to see them, rendering them suspect, unless, bizzarely enough, you are trying to access a sensitve military establishment!
  4. Which, ironically, you won't be asked for your ID by the MPGS 8O
  5. acknowledged! :D i should have searched bere posting but im new hehe! (an excuse i reckon is good for another month :) )

in ref to the other comments... well it says BRITISH ARMY in big cap letters. i think if someone whips out one of them bad boys for something as little as walking into an effin bookies it should be accepted. and ahem! no i am NOT a scruffy git,(cheeky ****** :D ) although i am of the tall, dark and handsome persuasion and end up lookng like a real raas'. (sorry forgot this was intel cell 8O ) 'hoodlum'
  6. I've just remembered that there is a certain establishment just off the M25 in Kent that insists on taking your picture and giving you a whole new ID card to access the place. I hated going there, it always meant a long day ahead.
  7. You are a cadet, no one calls it an ID Card.
  8. well unless cadets get MOD90 he wouldnt be trying to blag his way into places with it.
    And i think the conclusion as to why you cant use is is because it is at the end of the day a work ID, you wouldnt try use your morrisons card if you worked at morrisons.
    so stop moaning and just carry a drivers lisence ffs.
  9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Bore off. Done to death. It proves you're a member of the British Army, nothing more. It might get you a tenner off if a certain establishment is offering squaddie discount.

Like the rest of the population, get your normal (driving licence, etc) recognised ID out, and stop being so fucking precious.
  10. If anywhere does refuse a MOD90, just ask if they remember the time a particular Asda store or wherever was in the paper because some whiner went off to The Sun because he couldn't buy a few cans of lager with MOD90 as ID...'ll be promptly accepted by a supervisor!

Or just do what normal people do and carry your driving license and stop showing off ;)
  11. i'm no cadet, sir.
  12. I'm clearly not someone addressed as "Sir", you don't seem to know what your ID card is known as and you seem to want to whip it out as a form of civvy ID. If you are in you need to give your head a wobble.
  13. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

By the looks of your profile, you're a gobby fucking scrote who is trying to flash his MOD90 about like he's king of the hill before the ink is even dry on it.

Wind it in.
  14. the reason i asked was just becuase i think it should be accepted for identification purposes, not to show off. i do carry a driver license and,in all honestly i wont have an army id myself for another few months yet, but i have seen countless squaddie friends id's get rejected and was just curious as to why. granted there are other threads about this so ill just drop this issue now. thanks for the input.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.