Army helicopter crashes near base

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by eveyoz, Mar 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Here
  3. Dosen't look that badly damaged and to be honest if you look at the picture you can see a fair bit of snow, could have been weather related AA. Its been bad in NI and the winds have been awful. Hope the casulties are minor.
  4. Speedy recovery to the casualties, heres hoping they aren't seriosuly hurt.
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Tell me about it!About a hour ago we had a clap of thunder that was like a bomb going off!It tripped all the electrics in my home.

I hope the crew is OK.
  6. Hope the guys are ok. Apparently there was a mix of Army & PSNI on board according to BBC news24.

7. There but for the grace of god!

Hope all is well and thoughts are with them.
  8. Latest reports say two military and four police off to hospital. Locals report seeing walking wounded emerging from chopper. Hopefully a good sign. Fingers crossed
  9. The other pic on the bbc website article shows Boruki sangar-which strangely vanished from XMG square a couple of years ago-good to see the beeb up to date as ever!!
  10. I wouldn't wave the TFS!

Lets hope everyone has nothing more long-term than being a bit shook up.
  11. ambulance staff came under attack from youths firing snowballs.....
  12. I'm neither REME nor Westlands, but I doubt that frame will fly again - tail clean off. Did it hit something ?
    I pray all onboard are ok.
  13. Think your right Isquared, however in years gone bye, with no money in the 'Repair' budget brand new airframes where purchased and given the old Serial No.
  14. Seen worse. Lick of paint and good as new.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to the injured.
  15. Investigation into Armagh air crash
    Monday, 19 March 2007 07:45
    Air accident investigators will begin an examination of the site near Crossmaglen in Co Armagh this morning where a British military helicopter came down last night.

Seven members of the security forces on board the Lynx helicopter were admitted to hospital.

Three PSNI officers were discharged while a fourth is being treated for a severe back injury.

Two British military personnel are also being kept in hospital.

None of their injuries is said to be life threatening.

One member of the flight crew escaped unhurt.

The PSNI spokesman said there was nothing to suggest the cause of the crash was terrorist related.

Local Sinn Féin MP Conor Murphy said the helicopter came down near a housing estate.

Ambulance crews removing the casualties from the scene came under attack from a gang throwing stones and other missiles.

Similar attacks were made on police officers on the ground.

Nice to see normality in XMG!