Army Headline of the Day

With the usual trolling by @stacker1

I have one question relevant to this thread

On armistice day did you object to the padre taking the service that day, when it came to repatriation from operations did you refuse to participate when the padre did his bit.

Not one serving solider would have the balls to object to the padre being there for the above. I therefore state you are a liar.

Hi Stalker, I couldnt really give a **** about religon, hope that helps.

And repartriations are about those who died, not some Padre droning on. Usually the blokes mates were far more entertaining than the padre.

And repartriations are about those who died, not some Padre droning on. Usually the blokes mates were far more entertaining than the padre.

For someone not interested in religion you object to Padres…
Double standards or a wee whopper of a lie

For someone not interested in religion you object to Padres…
Double standards or a wee whopper of a lie

I should have been clearer mental case, I dont give a **** about religion in general, I dont need some silly old sod droning on about Jesus.

How many repats have you done? You must know few listen to the padre and more to the blokes mates telling stories.

However, even if one was to accept your dubious theory that they needed a commission to do the job since nether drill nor bluffing platoon attacks are a core requiment for the role, the short (PQO) course should suffice as it does for padres.

My theory, dubious or otherwise, is simply conjecture...presenting alternatives to one of the Padre's roles.
Social work is not so esoteric.
I see no need for a full time social worker in a major unit...unless the British Army is further down the road to perdition than it appears to be.
Mind you I retired 38 years ago so what do I know?
I'm merely here to wind that malcontent Stacker up!

And the church already has one of those, well at least CofE and RC do - suspect Pagans don’t go in for a hierarchy?

Well.... it depends what sector of Paganism I suppose...Nullifidians, for example, make do with the normal social CoC... Wiccans, one supposes, have a hierarchy... I mean...someone has to direct their frolicings...., Satanists certainly have a hierarchy...I don't suppose they want to question or generally f**k with the Devil...perhaps Stacker can enlighten us on that score...he seems to have a depth of knowledge on all things.....as to other sects I have no idea.

My theory, dubious or otherwise, is simply conjecture...presenting alternatives to one of the Padre's roles.
Social work is not so esoteric.
I see no need for a full time social worker in a major unit...unless the British Army is further down the road to perdition than it appears to be.
Mind you I retired 38 years ago so what do I know?
I'm merely here to wind that malcontent Stacker up!

Wind me up by proving your padre was a bit of **** for wanting to risk the lives of the patrol?

Thats not winding me up, thats making yourself look like a ****.

Well.... it depends what sector of Paganism I suppose...Nullifidians, for example, make do with the normal social CoC... Wiccans, one supposes, have a hierarchy... I mean...someone has to direct their frolicings...., Satanists certainly have a hierarchy...I don't suppose they want to question or generally f**k with the Devil...perhaps Stacker can enlighten us on that score...he seems to have a depth of knowledge on all things.....as to other sects I have no idea.

Why are you asking me? Why not ask the chosen few who are apparent experts on peoples religous needs?

Although really we all know they mean Christians only and everyone else can **** right off.

How many repats have you done? You must know few listen to the padre and more to the blokes mates telling stories.
Less than you, but enough. My theory is that the majority of the Padres in Th were not military, and I agree that they droned on. The words from the lads, RSM and the one CO that didn't use the expression rising star/consummate soldier where far more meaningful. The military Padres were busy dealing with the broken lives back home.
Out of interest, do you know any Padres?

So you never objected then, yet you bleat on here

theres a term for that
lacking moral fibre

I should have been clearer mental case, I dont give a **** about religion in general, I dont need some silly old sod droning on about Jesus.

Blimey, you got a long way down that bottle!

So you never objected then, yet you bleat on here

theres a term for that
lacking moral fibre

The repats werent about me, they were about the dead.

How many did you attend where the padre said anything of interest?

Less than you, but enough. My theory is that the majority of the Padres in Th were not military, and I agree that they droned on. The words from the lads, RSM and the one CO that didn't use the expression rising star/consummate soldier where far more meaningful. The military Padres were busy dealing with the broken lives back home.
Out of interest, do you know any Padres?

"In the back of the car, going rats on my sister" was how one of the blokes described his mate who had died.

I dont know any now, I knew a few when I was in, some were good, some were bad and some were right stupid cnuts (The Catholic padre at Gutersloh tried to complain (insinating that we were against catholics) because a civilian Irish Catholic woman with no ID want to come onto camp to attend church and we refused her entry.
Them being padre didnt seem to add much to the Armed forces.

"In the back of the car, going rats on my sister" was how one of the blokes described his mate who had died.
Thunder Thighs the Viking veh commander who rescued one of his lads that had been kidnapped by the RM on their Viking cse, by shoulder barging his way into their room, taking them(4 x RM) all out before grabbing his opponent and jumping out of the window whilst sustaining a GAT dart to the arrse. How to get several thousand people laughing and crying at the same time.

The repats werent about me, they were about the dead.

How many did you attend where the padre said anything of interest?

That’s the difference between you and I
you choose to be non religious mocking those that represent different faiths

I try to respect others regardless of faith(except certain footy supporters those poor deluded soap dodgers)

You have been caught out with your lies
time for you to accept your usual methods are risable

edited to avoid tarring all footy supporters with the same brush

Last edited:
That’s the difference between you and I
you choose to be non religious mocking those that represent different faiths

I try to respect others regardless of faith(except Celtic supporters those poor deluded soap dodgers)

You have been caught out with your lies
time for you to accept your usual methods are risable

I couldnt give a **** if you beleived in Satan, but dont expect the taxpayer to foot the bill.

Now, about all these repats you must have done, how many people were paying much attention to the padre compared to people who knew the soldiers that had died?

I couldnt give a **** if you beleived in Satan, but dont expect the taxpayer to foot the bill.

Now, about all these repats you must have done, how many people were paying much attention to the padre compared to people who knew the soldiers that had died?
What about them, do you honestly believe men and women were telling the padre to **** off like you were
Except you didn’t object did you, not one complaint to your seniors as you lacked the balls

What about them, do you honestly believe men and women were telling the padre to **** off like you were
Except you didn’t object did you, not one complaint to your seniors as you lacked the balls

You seem to be avoid explaining your experiance with repats, just like you seem to avoid stating what your service was.
Do you have something to hide?

Latest Threads