Army Headline of the Day

Latest in a steady drumbeat of sexual offences against servicewomen and to think the latest recruitment campaign is to encourage more women to join

Latest in a steady drumbeat of sexual offences against servicewomen and to think the latest recruitment campaign is to encourage more women to join

And yet people like Truxx thought the reality was that no one noticed when women first started joining the regular army.

Medals parade in Estonia, Departing British Army contingent presented service medals in Tapa ceremony

Who the fcuck thought this would look cool and impress the natives? More to the point where the hell did the money come from to take the ram out there?

1630674186786.png

Zhopa

LE
this would look cool and impress the natives?

Done properly, it might have done. Instead you've got two individuals who got dressed in the dark and the overall effect is so shoddy even the goat has shat itself in disgust.

WhiskeyTango

Old-Salt
Parade for a Non Article 5 medal?
The Bn lines up whilst an unknown Estonian thanks everyone for their service. He'll go on to state how grateful his country is. The soldiers will roll their eyes in disgust because they will have been treated like unwelcome guests by the Estonians for the last 6 months and they can't wait to leave.

A bunch of unknown dignitaries will then hand out plastic medals that we'll never wear.

Thanks for listening to my ted talk

Parade for a Non Article 5 medal?
When I did CABRIT I came back a little early for a course, and for those of us who did there was a 'sweep up' parade in camp, No. 2 dress with some senior Estonian officer shaking hands and handing out medals we're not allowed to wear.
Felt like a bit of a waste of time to me
ETA: IIRC the Estonian ambassador was there too

When I did CABRIT I came back a little early for a course, and for those of us who did there was a 'sweep up' parade in camp, No. 2 dress with some senior Estonian officer shaking hands and handing out medals we're not allowed to wear.
Felt like a bit of a waste of time to me
ETA: IIRC the Estonian ambassador was there too
Did the locals like you?

Did the locals like you?
They're a strange people, you can't just have a conversation with a stranger over there but they're not exactly unfriendly just different culture, the conscripts we shared the camp with were alright apart from their habit of saluting anything that moved. A friend of mine has lived there said the same thing, difficult to get through to them but once you do you're friends for life.

Ursus Major

Old-Salt
They're a strange people, you can't just have a conversation with a stranger over there but they're not exactly unfriendly just different culture, the conscripts we shared the camp with were alright apart from their habit of saluting anything that moved. A friend of mine has lived there said the same thing, difficult to get through to them but once you do you're friends for life.
It’s because they are all Russians in denial…. My father married one…

Latest Threads