Army head condemns 'unacceptable' sexual harassment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33500000

Army chief General Sir Nick Carter says the level of sexual harassment being faced by female soldiers is "totally unacceptable".

In a survey commissioned by the Army, almost 40% of servicewomen said they had received unwanted comments of a sexual nature in the past year.

The report, based on a survey of 7,000 soldiers, found 13% of women had had "a particularly upsetting experience".

About 3% of those who were very upset made a formal written complaint.

I have no comment, at the moment

shibusa2

On ROPS
On ROPs
He is making all the right noises and it's all very laudable. But he will only make any real headways if the complaints procedure is totally independent of the armed forces. Having a Service Complaints Commissioner to 'oversee' is just pissing about.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
He is making all the right noises and it's all very laudable. But he will only make any real headways if the complaints procedure is totally independent of the armed forces. Having a Service Complaints Commissioner to 'oversee' is just pissing about.
Is that comment based on your own personal experience, or are you just talking shit again?

Will you fuck off you irritating creature, we do not need you pseudo psychology, or your dribblesome "standards" shite. Just do us all a favour and cunt off.

And no this isn't an Arrse gang bang - I wouldn't partake of a gang bang with you if you were the last woman alive and the alternative was fellating a syphilitic camel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33500000

Army chief General Sir Nick Carter says the level of sexual harassment being faced by female soldiers is "totally unacceptable".

In a survey commissioned by the Army, almost 40% of servicewomen said they had received unwanted comments of a sexual nature in the past year.

The report, based on a survey of 7,000 soldiers, found 13% of women had had "a particularly upsetting experience".

About 3% of those who were very upset made a formal written complaint.

I have no comment, at the moment
"The fact the head of the Army commissioned this survey suggests he knows he has a problem. One that he wants to tackle to change the Army's culture and make it more inclusive"

I'm going hazard a guess that means some PC shite is on the horizon.

Please could I have your opinion on how Sir Nick should tackle the problem.
If he kicked all the split arses out, the complaints would drop to zero.

And who, may I ask, are you to fucking comment?

Fuck off, get some time in then come back and spout bollocks, you condescending cunt.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Please could I have your opinion on how Sir Nick should tackle the problem.
Why should that be of interest to you? Are you trying to internet "profile" me? You know that my head is not painted on upside down and you've just made yourself look even stupider than you already are by asking me that question.

Bullying in the army? Sexual harrassment in the army? No sh!t Sherlock.

You chuck a bunch of blokes in together whose main aims in life are (a) killing people (b) getting laid (c) getting p!ssed (not necessarily in that order) and expect them to behave like chiorboys when a bunch of totty is plonked into the same environment?

OK, it shouldn't happen, but let's be honest, some types joining the army these days are as tough as:

Considering my cat has more military experience than you, I hope you won't be offended if I completely ignore any comments you make on this subject.

In the navy I understood most harassment of females came from other females... Dunno if balls though.

The one thing that we can be certain of, is that you will never be a factor in these 'statistics'....Hopefully though, you may be a gruesome murder victim, featuring on Crime Watch soon.

Latest Threads