Army head calls for more troops

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mazur_UK, Jul 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8151244.stm

Just as Brown was saying that top commanders had everything they need, this came up on my browser.

Sorry if already done.

2. Who they going to call up?
    Boys Brigade?
    Land Army?
    Pots empty, best we ask the rest of Europe to chip in with troops/air assets

3. Welcome back to Earth. :)

4. More boots...well if the Regular and TA can't provide...how about a nice big cup of nostalgia with a gurt big slice of conscription?

5. Tchh - you'll be telling Gordo he needs a bigger Army next!

6. Call me old Mr suspicious here, but wasn't Cyclops just on PMQ's stating that the army has everything it needs??

Theres something fishy here and it isn't just the contents of Harpersons underwear!

7. Even easier: anyone who has EVER served in HM Armed Forces, including all Volunteer Reserves, is now called up. Subject to meeting age/medical requirements, they will serve a minimum of three years in the Regular Forces. :twisted:

Gordon and ZANU have nothing to lose anymore. It's scorched earth all the way, so they might as well sh1t all over the country while they still have the chance. And leave the Tories with as big a mess as they can... 8O

8. Just as he said at the Parliamentary dinner so wrongly reported by Mick Smith.

"whether they were British, American or Afghan troops"

9. [quote="Werewolf]

Even easier: anyone who has EVER served in HM Armed Forces, including all Volunteer Reserves, is now called up. Subject to meeting age/medical requirements, they will serve a minimum of three years in the Regular Forces. :twisted:

Gordon and ZANU have nothing to lose anymore. It's scorched earth all the way, so they might as well sh1t all over the country while they still have the chance. And leave the Tories with as big a mess as they can... 8O[/quote]

Ok when do i have to start worrying?
    I'm sure i must be past the recallable age
    When do the envelopes land on the front door mat?

Seriously, would a recall of some'old n bold' free up troops in traing roles and the like?

10. CGS was not referring specifically to British troops. He knows better than anyone that the cupboard is bare.

I would go so far as to say that he mentions British troops in the quote only in order to avoid being accused of direct criticism of the other ISAF contributing nations, not because he believes there is the slightest possibility of us sending more.

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

We are currently reducing the armed forces, putting carriers on hold and slashing the TA to a skeleton crew as we obviously don't need them. What does this Dannatt bloke think he's doing to suggest otherwise?

12. Tory Cuts!

13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Oh god that fcuking idiot is back again.

14. Oh I thought you were talking about Whet 8)

15. Or Ashie, or Sven... :wink: