Army Green Socks.

#1
When I was in the Army (1971 - 1993) we was issued Green Socks that was IMHO Fooking Brill. Had Extra Thick soles to em. Any one know where I can get them now please Or could get some for me. Willing to pay a decent price.
 
#2
duryard said:
When I was in the Army (1971 - 1993) we was issued Green Socks that was IMHO Fooking Brill. Had Extra Thick soles to em. Any one know where I can get them now please Or could get some for me. Willing to pay a decent price.
They still issue them now, just in black.

My local Army Surplus sells the black ones for £2 a pair - bargin! You can never have enough of them though recently I've been using a few pairs of Bridgedale Trekkers I still keep hold of the issue ones aswell.
 
#3
Thanks for the fast reply. The tossers downn here in Exeter dont have any.

I seen the black ones on Ebay but are not sure they are the thick sole ones tho.

Years yomping about in the bogs my feet are F***** and I dearly need some decent socks
 
#5
The new black ones are not socks, they are the bastard offspring of Gordon Brown and Jade Goody. Try the Bridgedale range, their expedition (or whatever they're called now) are really good and offer plenty of padding. Think about getting an insole as well if you're having problems with shock absorbance.
 
#6
Bravo_Zulu said:
The new black ones are not socks, they are the bastard offspring of Gordon Brown and Jade Goody. Try the Bridgedale range, their expedition (or whatever they're called now) are really good and offer plenty of padding. Think about getting an insole as well if you're having problems with shock absorbance.
I've got a pair of the old green ones and several of the new black ones and other than a slight difference in the texture they seem the same, they both have the extra padding on the bottom - agreed the Bridgedale ones are better though but for Issued kit they aren't too bad.
 
#9
I use the Thorlo military socks...

They are the b0110cks.
 
#12
duryard said:
Thanks for the fast reply. The tossers downn here in Exeter dont have any.

I seen the black ones on Ebay but are not sure they are the thick sole ones tho.

Years yomping about in the bogs my feet are F***** and I dearly need some decent socks
aye the black ones are thick soled, comfy too
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top