Army gender hoax misfires

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Grubby Bum III, Apr 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's in the Daily Mail.

END

2. Feed thick ***** a diet of tabloid bullshit what do you expect?

3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

There was a thread on here IIRC
    Pretty sure it was debunked by about he third post

4. Wtf is the pic all about? Wings. Woman. Sniper rifle?

5. Being out of direct touch with military matters for many years, I merely looked for some sort of guidance as to its provenance - yours is succinct! Thanks.

6. Daily Mail - Wouldn't wrap me chips in it!

7. its that pilotsniper bird from twitter

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don't believe you she is not carrying her special pulse sniper rifle thingymajig

9. Reading the article in the Soldier, it was just subtly wrong, and caused me a great laugh.

Does anyone remember the great "Decimalisation" scandal? They were going to decimalise all joint regimental names: 17/21 Lancers were going to be called the 0.8's, the 16/5 Hussars the 3.2's and so on. The lead-up was just as cleverly done as the depersonalisation one of this year, but quickly became evident that it was a wind-up - in classic squaddie fashion.

I'm surprised that any squaddie fell for it, to be honest.

10. Mind you... considering some of the bollox that has (or has not!) been coming out of the big house over the past few years, nothing surprises me much these days!

11. Yep, see it on a daily basis. Soldier Mag has as much value as The Bulletin.

12. Thanks for your input, guys of all genders - such matters would appear to be safe in military hands if left to their own devices. Wot a larf the DM is .....!

13. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Had Labour got back in it would have actually been policy
    Tomorrows future leaders are allready well down the path