Army Foundation College - Suits?

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by Euan, Apr 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently at AFC(H) as a Junior and we've been instructed to get suits for church and the realities of war trip. Can you get a kilt instead?
  2. I'm pretty sure you could wear a kilt, i'm more concerned that you are required to wear a suit. Were you instructed to bring one with you when you joined? An half decent off the peg suit is going to cost you about a quarter of your take home which i think is a little unfair.

In regard to your kilt question, ask you Chain Of Command.
  3. When I was at Harrogate we had some irate parents ring up complaining "my little XXXX has been told to buy a suit-why?". We told them;

1. He has been told to GET a suit (old uncle albert's demob suit was seen a few times).
    2. Asda will do a suit for £30 and oxfam shops for a fiver
    3. He needs it for church parade or court-and in your son's case we are unsure which will occur first!

Usually did the trick and all managed to be in suits by the required day-and no there were no kilts to be seen
  4. A kilt would be acceptable as long as your surname, accent and home postcode bear a link to Scotland and, you're big enougn to piss off all the small minded English t*ats who would try and extract the urine! you stand up for your minority rights!
  5. Every serving soldier should have a whistle and flute, i was advised to buy, beg, borrow or steal one before i did basic training. Use to have to book out in Phase 2 wearing the fucker!
  6. You can, so long as you get the correct jacket and accoutrements to go with it.

But (ain't there always a but :wink: ) .......... do you really want to stand out from the crowd that much?
  7. Cheers for the replies, i'll stick with getting a cheap suit to save myself a bollocking from my chain of command.