Army Fly Fishing?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by commzmeanzbombz, Apr 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good Morning All,

As a keen fly fisherman I am trying to find out if there is an Army fly fishing team or any military events held?

Ive discovered a website called sodier palmers but it doesnt seem to give much info about when events are or how to go about attending. Im accessing it on a military computer which does seem slighly selective about what it lets me view!!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Commz

2. im a second! i believe they hold a few events at rutlands! im very interested but awaiting surgey on an injured shoulder!!

3. if you get posted to bfg the sennelager fly fishing club is excellent...

4. Cheers verdi, I shall bear that in mind although the chance of a trip to germany is probably slim to nil in my job!

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Yes there is an Army Fly fishing team and events to go with it. There was a competition this weekend just gone at Rutland. Anyone who wants info PM me as my brother is on the team.

6. Anyone got anything to do with the Services Dry Fly Fishing Association? I gather they are on the upper Avon but can't find much about them.