Army Fittness Day

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Toellandback, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon All,

I went on a fittness day today at Chillwell Barracks.

We did the jerry cans and and the sit ups and pull ups.

I passed the jerry cans, did not drop them once and I kept inline at all times, I managed to do 52 sit ups and 10 pull ups.

Then it got on to the 1.5 mile run and I did it in 12:47 and to be honest I am discusted with myself.

I have to go to my careers office on Monday now to do some fittness with my recruiter.

Am I being to hard on myself or is it not that bad,

:( :(

2. 12:47 isn't a great time but it's not the worst i've seen. I started off at 11:10 and got it down to 9:28 so with some hard work it can be easilly improved. Don't stress about it, just crack on with training, work hard and you'll see the results

3. well my time was 12:33mins today I am not impressed with my time but I have improved since I first tested myself. It was 15 mins I was so discusted but I have worked on it and improved by 2 and a half mins and will carry on getting my time down.
    I wouldnt be discusted with that as wannabe rifleman says just work to get it down to the ideal time.

4. Ok, what is the best way to get in shape to join the army, I go to the gym 3 times a week and do weights. I hate cardio but I need some way to get motivated. P.s I am about to hit 30 and want to be a RLC driver. Thanks

5. You need some way to get motivated?? Fcuk me, I would of thought joining the Army would be enough motivation.

6. The only way to improve your running really, is to just do more running. and more. and more.

when i started training i was a total shambles at the end of my 1.5mile with a time in 14min+, just keep at it, a few months down the line and i was into 10mins

7. Well joining the army is my motivation at the moment. Leaving civvy street and getting an exciting career. Always what I've wanted to do just took me too long to get my ass in gear :p lol

8. My 1.5 route includes a 1 mile warm-up then straight into the 1.5m...but 1/3 of that is steep hills and the time 11:30. I guess ill be faster on a flat ?

9. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Use the stickies, that's what they're there for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.