• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Army Fighting British Jihadis in Afghanistan

It is a problem known about for a long time.
However if you dare suggest the people involved should be turfed out of the UK you will be labelled a Nazi.
So I suggest we ignore it for a few more years and see what develops instead.

The Dog bites the Hand that fed him. Such a bitter irony.

Stop immigration immediately. Those residents who hasn't British citizenship should be given maximum 5 years to leave the UK.

KGB_resident said:

Stop immigration immediately. Those residents who hasn't British citizenship should be given maximum 5 years to leave the UK.
Wouldn't solve the problem.

No doubt,when we catch these people(dead I hope),the PC lobby will want them immortalised on memorials in Bradford/Leeds etc.No doubt this 'Lord Khan' chap can do some planning of the same,while at Her Majesty's Pleasure?

This isn't new and has been known about for some time. I would hope biometric passports and increased cooperation with immigration authorities in certain transit areas would help identify those involved.

headlikeajerrycan said:
KGB_resident said:

More like five days.
Including me?

I'm not arguing for the innocence of holy warriors with Bradford accents. I'm just observing that an immigration ban probably won't even touch the people you're concerned about.

jagman said:
It is a problem known about for a long time.
However if you dare suggest the people involved should be turfed out of the UK you will be labelled a Nazi.
So I suggest we ignore it for a few more years and see what develops instead.
:D seconded!

TankiesYank said:
Including me?

I'm not arguing for the innocence of holy warriors with Bradford accents. I'm just observing that an immigration ban probably won't even touch the people you're concerned about.
Of course. Can't let common sense get in the way of good old-fashioned knee-jerk legislation...

headlikeajerrycan said:
KGB_resident said:

More like five days.
I fear that in this case British transportation system would be paralised. Foreigners must know that they have not right to reside in the UK forever. Great Britain is not so huge to adopt millions strangers from remote corners of the World. Only those who are very usefull to the economy, who are well integrated could be allowed to live more than 5 years (though without the citizenship). For others 5 years would be maximal term to reside. This 5 years can be started counted immediately.

jagman said:
Wouldn't solve the problem.
I have forgotten to add - the British should leave Afghanistan immediately, no matter how loud would an outcry in Washington. It would be a radical solution.

The principle is simple one. This is our (I mean your) country - we (I mean you) live here according to our (your) customs and laws. You have your country - live as you prefer.

KGB_resident said:
headlikeajerrycan said:
KGB_resident said:

More like five days.
I fear that in this case British transportation system would be paralised. Foreigners must know that they have not right to reside in the UK forever. Great Britain is not so huge to adopt millions strangers from remote corners of the World. Only those who are very usefull to the economy, who are well integrated could be allowed to live more than 5 years (though without the citizenship). For others 5 years would be maximal term to reside. This 5 years can be started counted immediately.
5 years eh? should be enough time to get a british passport :roll:

stop immigration.... probably the most unrealistic, mind numbing and short sighted suggestion i've ever heard

dogmeat said:
TankiesYank said:
Including me?

Of course. Can't let common sense get in the way of good old-fashioned knee-jerk legislation...
Not even I am in favour of a blanket ban on immigration.
Perhaps a temporary stop on it while we sort out the mess wea are in would be appropriate, it is apparent that we haven't dealt with the immigrants we already have.
The key to this is establishing who is here to integrate and contribute to our society and turfing out those who are not.

We can not ignore the fact that there are thousands of people who have come to this country who wish harm upon it. We have welcomed them with open arms in the name of multi-culturism. In return they are taking up arms against British service personel and have been know to bomb the odd tube train.
How long can we afford not to do anything about it?

jagman said:
dogmeat said:
TankiesYank said:
Including me?

Not even I am in favour of a blanket ban on immigration.
Perhaps a temporary stop on it while we sort out the mess wea are in would be appropriate, it is apparent that we haven't dealt with the immigrants we already have.
The key to this is establishing who is here to integrate and contribute to our society and turfing out those who are not.

We can not ignore the fact that there are thousands of people who have come to this country who wish harm upon it. We have welcomed them with open arms in the name of multi-culturism. In return they are taking up arms against British service personel and have been know to bomb the odd tube train.
How long can we afford not to do anything about it?
2'000'000 muslims live in britain.
an estimated 4000 british muslims travelled to Pakistan and, before the fall of the Taliban, to Afghanistan for military training

that's 0.2% of the muslim population (which is less then 4% of the countries population)

don't really think britain should take any drastic measures for a few idiots who decide to go and die in some hot and sandy place for some twisted (naive?) ideals.

i'm not panicking, in fact, i'm laughing at the futility of it all

Has anyone read the comments though at the bottom of the Independent article? Not clever enough to post a link so below is something I copied and pasted:

They might not have the big guns or the cluster bombs, but right is on their side and so is time.
Good luck lads and safe home!

And there's many more like it. Hot air from a load of armchair fanatics who would sh!t it if it kicked off over here or a cancer at the heart of our society? I know which one I believe.

headlikeajerrycan said:
KGB_resident said:

More like five days.
How about the next five PLANES, no matter where they are going, perhaps Turkey via Shiphol?

Proper_Gander said:
an estimated 4000 british muslims travelled to Pakistan and, before the fall of the Taliban, to Afghanistan for military training

that's 0.2% of the muslim population (which is less then 4% of the countries population)

don't really think britain should take any drastic measures for a few idiots who decide to go and die in some hot and sandy place for some twisted (naive?) ideals.

It's ten times the number that decide to fight on our side though. Still laughing?

Bert_Preast said:
Proper_Gander said:

It's ten times the number that decide to fight on our side though. Still laughing?
Thats 4000 that we know about.
Thats 4000 people that hold British passports, training to kill British people.
Some of those people have tried to fulfil their desires for bloodshed here at home, some have suceeded. Still we do nothing to address the issue.

I'm not laughing at all.

Latest Threads