Army Ettiquette

ok so I just joined up and it sucks but i cant ask and nobody seems to be telling me, so basically my question is:

When do I salute an officer, and how do I recognize who to do this to?

I get that I brace up to all officers, but is it just an officer in a command role (OC, CO?) that I would salute?

And if I've heard an officer some times get reffered to as Mr Smith. Is that how a soldier should refer to them, or should it be Captain Smith?

cheers!

ok so I just joined up and it sucks but i cant ask and nobody seems to be telling me, so basically my question is:

When do I salute an officer, and how do I recognize who to do this to?

I get that I brace up to all officers, but is it just an officer in a command role (OC, CO?) that I would salute?

And if I've heard an officer some times get reffered to as Mr Smith. Is that how a soldier should refer to them, or should it be Captain Smith?

cheers!
My bold.

And in answer - ALWAYS. As for 'how do I recognise who to do this to' FFS. Learn your rank slides. Mark The Convict has even given you a handy cut out and keep picture.

Oh - and a question. If you have 'just joined up and it sucks'. Why'd you join up?

Sorry sir, I noticed the training forum afterwards..

it sucks that i have to ask, the training is good fun.

You ALWAYS salute officers, even Second Luitenants and the like?

@RemeRocket

A 2nd LIEUTENANT holds the Queens Commission therefore you salute him.

Edited to add - And it's pronounced Leff tenant - unless you are a septic.

Actually, methinks the OP should request a deletion of his/her account cause as soon as the 'rest' wake up NAAFI or no NAAFI it's going to be tears before bedtime for such a ******* waste of bandwidth.

Or, I'm calling Wah.

It's not quite up there with the Snail has been mugged thread is it? Must try harder, or just go away.

**Reads OP ... Feints on floor ... Wakes up outraged ... About to type but realises it's a wah ... Although thinks it's probably not ... Goes back to Building a Wanking Machine thread.**

Just been outside and brought the milk in. Christ it's cold out. And wet. (It's been raining, d'you see?), But not as cold as yesterday. Going to have a nice cup of tea now and a rest. How's the weather with you?