Army drugs test

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I attended my briefing late last year and was fortunate to get a Cat 1 with a very good write up post briefing and hopefully I’ll be onto main board soon but I’m yet to get booked on due to some small admin issues that recruitment need to get their ‘arrse’ into gear and get sorted because time is moving on. Currently this is provisionally looking like I’ll be able to attend in April time. I’m due to go to Vegas in March and can’t deny that with cannabis being legal there, I’ll 100% be going to a weed bar to get as high as possible and have a great chilled day.

During my teen years, I can’t deny that having a joint in the hedge at school was great but as I’ve grown up and adult life has taken over, this only really happens once or twice a year when I’m with old friends (albeit not in a hedge anymore as we’re grown up enough to do it at our own houses). Going to vegas though where it’s legal and I’ll have the chance to try different strains, the urge will be too much and seeing as it’s allowed, I might as well have a great day trying the strongest stuff I can find.

The issue I have here is that with main board potentially being only a matter of days/weeks after my vegas trip, I want to confirm that there won’t be a drugs test again? I’ve passed my medical with no issues as I’m not a regular drug user but I don’t want an unexpected shock of getting to main board and we need to piss in a cup and I lose my chance of getting in. Will the next drug test I’d be required to take be after/at entry into Sandhurst? And if so is it only a urine sample?

For a rare user I know that it would only show up in a urine sample for 1-3 days roughly and longer if you’re an avid user which I’m not: I don’t want to get to Sandhurst (if I make it that far) and find out it’s a hair sample which can show up for potentially 6-12 months and then I’d fail that.

It might seem trivial but I see going to Vegas as my one last sort of blow out before I potentially dedicate my life to something that I’ve wanted to do for a long time. I’m sure some answers will be “well why risk it if you want to get to Sandhurst so badly” but going there and having a great time with people I love as one last hurrah seems just as justifiable as wanting to dedicate my life and career to my training and army life, especially as nothing like this can happy again for as long as I’m in the army with the random drugs testing.

Cheers for any help you might give!
Would'nt it be ironic if your 'last blow-out' to Vegas prevented you from following your dreams?

You need to decide which is more important to you- career or weed.

As far as I know, weed is detectable for some time after use.

edit:
For a rare user I know that it would only show up in a urine sample for 1-3 days roughly and longer if you’re an avid user which I’m not.
Um, no.
You DON'T know it at all.
Nobody does, exactly, because so many factors are involved.
Again, are you prepared to take the gamble?
For positions that require Developed Vetting, they're likely going to test a hair sample.

For the OP, it's a clear choice between partaking of the Devil's lettuce or Sandhurst. It's one or the other.

Would'nt it be ironic if your 'last blow-out' to Vegas prevented you from following your dreams?

You need to decide which is more important to you- career or weed.

As far as I know, weed is detectable for some time after use.
OP: I know that it would only show up in a urine sample for 1-3 days roughly and longer if you’re an avid user which I’m not.
Again, this is stoner 'lore'. There's no hard-and-fast figure.
Also one assumes HM Forces' testing kit may be a bit more hi-tech than the stuff of a decade back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads