Army Doc uniform Q

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Mr_C_Hinecap, Aug 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are there many of you that carry a 'swagger stick' or cane when in your uniform? I'm talking barrack dress here - shirt and OGs. Saw a doc yesterday with his and I was a bit confused with that one.

2. Are you sure it wasn't a large rectal thermometer in a wooden case?

3. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I saw a half colonel the other day in CS 95 and a side hat! What a tube! I quite like side-hats but this goon looked utterly ridiculous. As far as I know, the only Regiment that wears a side hat with CS 95 is the QRH. Anyone else know any different?

As for swagger sticks, I have one but the only time I ever used it was when in barrack dress inspecting recruits at an ATR. Other than that, never use it. Where did you see this particular chap? If you clocked him in a hospital with it then very suspect indeed!

4. Are you sure he was a Doctor?

5. Very sure he is a doctor. Rank of Capt. Trust me - I can work that bit out.

6. Most of them bearly know how to put on a uniform let alone get confuced with a swagger stick

7. Maybe he'd just removed it from somewhere the sun don't shine!!!

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Top tip, forget the swagger stick and just be a good doctor.

9. I would imagine its the Regt he/she is posted to (Women with riding crops, jolts a memory or two)

C95 is barrack dress - a very scruffy form, but still barrack dress

side hats ? dont you mean cnut caps?

10. He wears cav boots, OGs, cream shirt. He isn't currently with a regt - so can only assume his last posting was reet posh.

11. I know of an RMO who with the Gurkhas wears a Gurkha cap badge! Their TRF we can let slide, but another regiments cap badge? Delusions me thinks.

12. Sure he wasn't an MSO rather than an MO?

13. From what I've seen, Docs tend to do their own sweet thing when it comes to uniform, amongst other things (well, when attached to non-medical units)... and no-one thinks it's worth the hassle to correct them (and cos no-one from those units knows/cares what it should be).

14. You mean, that no-one wants to "rock the boat" by correcting a doctor?

Nope hes definately an RMO, not an MSO.

15. Cav boots? I know that male RAMC Officers of Field Rank can wear spurs with Mess Dress etc (obviously would look a bit silly for the females!) as the RAMC are officially designated a mounted corps.