Army Diver

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by dougie999, Sep 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm considering joining the RE in the North West area and wondered if there is an opportunity to become a diver once my training is complete.

Cheers.

2. Yes of course. Sign here. (He did say "driver"?)

3. Simple answer: No chance.

If you want to become an Army Diver you need to join the Regulars. However if getting wet is your thing the RE TA do have both Commando Engineers (based in Hull) and Amphibious Engineers.

There is also the opportunity to gain civilian diving qualifications with BSAC through the Adventurous Training scheme but for you unit to put you forward for these courses you will have to be very much in their good books.

Alternatively I've heard the RMR and RNR both like to go paddling...

4. Cheers for that geek

5. Cheers mate i'll look into it.

6. Geek? Sense of humour walt...

7. Ha ha walt? Erm your the one sitting behind a PC making shit jokes from a perfectly normal question. I've probably done more in ten minutes of my life than you have ever done. Some advice for you pal, get rid of your computer and get out in the real world. And by the way do you think I haven't read that information already you turd.

8. Ooh get her ;)

Nah things get a little feisty in here I've noticed, so don't take too much offence at people making little jokes. Sense of humour tends to be essential.

I have to admit that when I skim-read the threads that had been added to recently, I genuinely mistook it for 'driver' and was about to post 'OMG Don't do it!!one'.

9. Great attitude. A harmless joke that hurts no-one and you go off on one. Your mental state is unsuitable for diving. As a matter of interest what exactly can you do in only 10 minutes that would turn Cuddles green with envy?

10. Someone has had a sense of humour failure!

11. Calm down sweetheart. He cracked a joke, he didn't arrse rape ya mum.

12. Join the regular army?

13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Obviously not blowing shit up and making big guns go bang if his original post is anything to go by.

14. Always used to be lots of Muff Divers in 59 squadron!!