Army Discharge Types

I have raised this in the Int Cell with not too much joy.

I never got involved with discharges from the TA. I normally got roped in to attest the recruits. What are the various types of discharge available (Reg & TA) - in particular how they would be coded in the records?

So far I have;

SNLR - Service no longer required.

DD - Discharged dead (?) [Might be a RN thing]
Honourable (?)

For the TA all the discharge types can be found on ArmyNet in TA regs Chapter 5 Part 6 For OR's or Chapter 4 for Officers. The whole thing is Unclass and can be downloaded as PDF's for easy reference.

Baldrick66 said:
For the TA all the discharge types can be found on ArmyNet in TA regs Chapter 5 Part 6 For OR's or Chapter 4 for Officers. The whole thing is Unclass and can be downloaded as PDF's for easy reference.
Surely a better source of info than an unofficial website :D
Happy I'm not in GGGs chain of command!

The_Duke

LE
clanky said:
Baldrick66 said:
Surely a better source of info than an unofficial website :D
Happy I'm not in GGGs chain of command!
Pity you don't have the ability to read his post just a few above yours.

Hi what if anything can anyone tell me about Rfas and Ufas, are they the same? and if there is a recomendation of no service would they cross reference your name were one to apply 4 a diff service Navy Raf etc

OK Not sure about that, could very well be true though but why would they want to be polite about such a mater, and they are both down as Army Discharges, I am confused ahaha, it seems odd that they would have diff discharge types that meant the same thing, i not sure, the investigation continues, ta mate

Latest Threads