Army Discharge Types

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Gas Gas Gas, Dec 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have raised this in the Int Cell with not too much joy.

I never got involved with discharges from the TA. I normally got roped in to attest the recruits. What are the various types of discharge available (Reg & TA) - in particular how they would be coded in the records?

So far I have;

SNLR - Service no longer required.

DD - Discharged dead (?) [Might be a RN thing]
    Honourable (?)
  2. QRs 75 chapter 9 onwards I think
  3. As I now only reside on books of RARO I do not have access to QRs. :cry:
  4. For the TA all the discharge types can be found on ArmyNet in TA regs Chapter 5 Part 6 For OR's or Chapter 4 for Officers. The whole thing is Unclass and can be downloaded as PDF's for easy reference.
  5. Surely a better source of info than an unofficial website :D
    Happy I'm not in GGGs chain of command!
  6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Pity you don't have the ability to read his post just a few above yours.
  7. Thanks. Just logged into ArmyNet.
  8. Go to the local Med Centre when they have an STI clinic on; plenty of discharge types going on there.
  9. Hi what if anything can anyone tell me about Rfas and Ufas, are they the same? and if there is a recomendation of no service would they cross reference your name were one to apply 4 a diff service Navy Raf etc
  10. DAOR - Discharge As Of Right
    MD - Medical Discharge
    UFAS - Unfit For Army Service
  11. yea ok but what aboot RFAS
  12. RFAS - DISCHARGE = Released From Army Service, any idea?
  13. I thought that was the same as Services No Longer Required, just a politer way of saying it.
  14. OK Not sure about that, could very well be true though but why would they want to be polite about such a mater, and they are both down as Army Discharges, I am confused ahaha, it seems odd that they would have diff discharge types that meant the same thing, i not sure, the investigation continues, ta mate