Army cuts = deselected for pilot training!

Had a letter through the door today explaining that due to army cuts i am no longer required to turn up for the army pilot course that I was due to start soon! Gutted.com! How bad have the corps been hit? Are they likely to still be recruiting soon?

Bugger! Not a lot more to say really.

Are they likely to still be recruiting soon?
As they are going from lots of Lynx to just a few Wildcat, I would suggest not. Never thought I'd see the day. :(

Sorry to hear that, the AAC is shrinking and i'd imagine that not a lot of people are making the jump to civvy street just now.

Had a letter through the door today explaining that due to army cuts i am no longer required to turn up for the army pilot course that I was due to start soon! Gutted.com! How bad have the corps been hit? Are they likely to still be recruiting soon?
All is not lost, compadre. From an advert on our very own Arrse website:

7517383291477178920.jpg

Fill yer boots my son. Never mind the army and its slack handful of tatty old choppers, go professional!

Bloody hell mate you must be pig sick!

I hate to suggest it, but why don't you ask about the crab air or Fleet Air Arm commissioned route?

Only an idea.................................................................................................................

I heard the failure rate is about 80% with the majority of that being anyone with an accent that isnt posh. When was that last time you heard a geordie voice coming from an Apache?

So unless you are cut from regal cloth dont beat yourself up too much or try australia:

Army: Aviation - Defence Jobs Australia

Wouldn't bother going FAA. There are literally hundreds of pilot candidates doing hundreds of holdover jobs all over the Navy. We are literally swimming in untrained WAFUs

I do believe the AAC is one of the few parts of the army that will be bigger after army 2020 kicks in. Doesn't mean it's growing it just means its being cut less than others ^~

I do believe the AAC is one of the few parts of the army that will be bigger after army 2020 kicks in. Doesn't mean it's growing it just means its being cut less than others ^~
Proportionally that may be accurate although the AAC is losing about 150 (ish) in total. This includes one major unit (9 Regt to merge with 1) and one minor unit (AH Sqn, but we've never been able to recruit or retain enough for 6).

There is a letter from DAAvn doing the rounds which has quite a lot of detail.

Pretty devastating news for the OP though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I heard the failure rate is about 80% with the majority of that being anyone with an accent that isnt posh. When was that last time you heard a geordie voice coming from an Apache?

So unless you are cut from regal cloth dont beat yourself up too much or try australia:

Army: Aviation - Defence Jobs Australia
I recall a Geordie Apache pilot awarded a MC in Afghan for 'landing on' and getting stuck-in recovering a fallen Bootie. That Geordie had a geordie accent.

So run this past me again...

A common thread from our jollies to iraq (assorted) and afghanistan seems to be a chronic shortage of rotary....

And the new wizzy cunning plan is for smarter and more deployable forces...

And were cutting the already too small rotary?

That seems like a very cunning plan Baldrick.

Wouldn't bother going FAA. There are literally hundreds of pilot candidates doing hundreds of holdover jobs all over the Navy. We are literally swimming in untrained WAFUs
Stay away! We're already tripping over you lot!

Proportionally that may be accurate although the AAC is losing about 150 (ish) in total. This includes one major unit (9 Regt to merge with 1) and one minor unit (AH Sqn, but we've never been able to recruit or retain enough for 6).
I thought they were just re-rolling the Sqn and it was just going to end up with the same number of pilots anyway but just held for the rapid reaction Ops such as Libya and CTR?

There will still be the usual chopping and changing of squadron personnel at the last minute as manning will never reach 100% no matter how far they extend the time bar.

You could write to the PM to complain...I heard someone else did...that will stand you in good stead for any re-application.

Or join the Gunners and "fly" Watchkeeper :).

Losing rotary doesn't mean we're less manoeuverable, losing HEAVY rotary would. Losing some Lynx to switch to Wildcat, because they're too expensive, is a different kettle of fish.

Ask Harry for his slot, so busy watching tilimpics and chatting up the birds he cannot still be current.

Attachments