Army Cup Results?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Birdie_Numnums, Mar 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know the result of the Army Cup (rugby) played in the past few days? Results and analysis please.

2. Heard on BFBS that 4 Guns got beat by 25 Engr in the shield final. Apparently the wedge forwards were to big for the gunners.

Didn't hear about the main match though.

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

From an e-mail sent out by RS RHQ

I suppose technically it was not 1RWF as they merged on the day before, but once again The Royal Scots triumph!

There will no doubt be a lot of Jock bashing now on this site from jealous members - but just keep in mind - the cup stays with 1RS for yet another year :lol:

4. Royal Scots?

All fijian apart from 2 officers or so i heard from a royal jock

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

And so it starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O

6. Well done the Scots.

It would be nice to have some high level Army rugby without any Fijian's on the pitch for a change. I don't mind seeing them, and have quite a few in the team i coach. However having said that they have taken something away from the army game over the last few years. The flair they show is great for open running rugby, but has done nothing for the forward battle or in tight game.

Without wanting to sound as if i am having a go at the jocks, i wander what the score would have been if the fijians were not on the pitch in such large numbers. It would be nice to think that the jocks could beat the welsh following in the footsteps of the national team last week with that fantastic win over the english.

7. Correct about the Fijians Massive.

Did the Royal Scots have a Rugby team before the influx from the Pacific Islands?

Without the Fijians - how many of that Regiment would be tall enough to compete in a lineout?

Was it really a 'fantastic' win over the English? Or were they the winners of a very poor match overall?

Why don't you just shut up?

See you at training massive OK!