Army Cup Results?

Heard on BFBS that 4 Guns got beat by 25 Engr in the shield final. Apparently the wedge forwards were to big for the gunners.

Didn't hear about the main match though.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
From an e-mail sent out by RS RHQ

1RS defeated 1 RWF 17 points to 15 in the Army Rugby (15s) Cup Final held at Aldershot this afternoon.

English last week, Welsh this week!

UP THE ROYALS!!
I suppose technically it was not 1RWF as they merged on the day before, but once again The Royal Scots triumph!

There will no doubt be a lot of Jock bashing now on this site from jealous members - but just keep in mind - the cup stays with 1RS for yet another year :lol:

Auld-Yin said:

1RS defeated 1 RWF 17 points to 15 in the Army Rugby (15s) Cup Final held at Aldershot this afternoon.

UP THE ROYALS!!
I suppose technically it was not 1RWF as they merged on the day before, but once again The Royal Scots triumph!

There will no doubt be a lot of Jock bashing now on this site from jealous members - but just keep in mind - the cup stays with 1RS for yet another year :lol:
Royal Scots?

All fijian apart from 2 officers or so i heard from a royal jock

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
smallbrownprivates said:
Auld-Yin said:

UP THE ROYALS!!

Royal Scots?

All fijian apart from 2 officers or so i heard from a royal jock
And so it starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O

Well done the Scots.

It would be nice to have some high level Army rugby without any Fijian's on the pitch for a change. I don't mind seeing them, and have quite a few in the team i coach. However having said that they have taken something away from the army game over the last few years. The flair they show is great for open running rugby, but has done nothing for the forward battle or in tight game.

Without wanting to sound as if i am having a go at the jocks, i wander what the score would have been if the fijians were not on the pitch in such large numbers. It would be nice to think that the jocks could beat the welsh following in the footsteps of the national team last week with that fantastic win over the english.

Correct about the Fijians Massive.

Did the Royal Scots have a Rugby team before the influx from the Pacific Islands?

Without the Fijians - how many of that Regiment would be tall enough to compete in a lineout?

Was it really a 'fantastic' win over the English? Or were they the winners of a very poor match overall?

Why don't you just shut up?

See you at training massive OK!

Latest Threads