Army criticised for not paying soldier

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by oldbaldy, Jul 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Found this little gem!
  2. The system is bloody sick.........hang in there mate!
  3. Two Grand? That's about one round in Boujis, you would think that one of the Officers could sub the lad.
  4. Wtf man?! My bro serves with the Irish G, not exactly faith-boosting in the army's ability to keep his family back at home fed and watered.
  5. If true this is getting absolutely out of control now and someone at the top who introduced JPA needs sacking. I know he will be able to claim any bank charges in the end but as said you dont know how it will effect his credit ratings. Its also putting stress on family who dont need this when their sons fighting for this country. Somebody get a grip and stop us having to speak to a call centre when proffessional pay staff are not allowed to get involved.

6. Am not shocked at all, currenlty having similar problems.

And places like the bank just do not care, when something creeps up on you unawares while your away, it takes forever to get any paperwork allowing someone to speak on your behalf sent back and even then being registered as a third party doesnt allow you to do all an account holder is able to.

Its is not the banks fault of course but there should be allowances for special circumstances.

not every soldier has the time before deployment to sort out all their personal affairs.

I would expect with this case any fees incurred will be payed for by the MOD and any affect on credit will be wiped clean, I wonder whether this will be the case.
  7. And they wonder why they're having problems with recruitment and retention?

Fcuking scandelous. :x
  8. My bold

But we know that nothing will be done or head roll regarding the JPA problems! Its a shame that the press dont find inflameing this kind of story as satisfying as Muslim Drives 4X4 shock or Squaddies found drinking BEER when there digging for stories.

JPA and the like makes me realise just how lucky i am to be out : shakefist :
  9. The only way of obtaining satisfactory redress is to get wife/mum/hubby etc to feed the papers a "squaddie done over by MoD" story. Forget the chain of command!
  10. "A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: "Unfortunately, from time to time, mistakes do happen with pay. The matter is being dealt with and we can confirm that Gary Taylor has now had an interim payment made to his bank account."

What a bone matter of factish statement regarding a soldier who is currently out there prepared to "pay the ultmate sacriface" - get a grip and get it sorted :evil: :frustrated: :pissedoff: :frustrated: :x
  11. an interim payment is no good! that does not solve the problem of sorting his wages. i too have not been paid since april but owed several thousand more than guy. i have now taken this to a form of redress and would advise this guy to do so too. hadsnt solved my problem yet but there a few 1 and 2 stars flapping a little with help from my coc and solicitor
  12. A bit melodramatic I think. OK so there's been a cock up, someone is trying to sort it out. This is the price we're all paying for computerisation of everything. Someone somewhere presses a wrong button and things go pear shaped. I'm pretty certain if the lads mother sees his bank branch manager all charges will be dropped. You may not think it but the vast majority of the population are behind our lads we just aren't a very vocal nation who go round in sack cloth and ashes and wailing.
  13. :evil: If the gov.want more service people then they HAVE to look after the ones that they have. It is NOT rocket science for gods sake!!!
  14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Job for BAFF? Might be small beans in the great picture (lovely crap 8) but for this guy it is his world.
  15. Minimum wage to risk his life every single day, and they can't even pay him that.