Army crisis as number of troops leaving soars - telegraph

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jockass, Nov 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Infantry recruitment may be up, but have you seen the standard of the recruits.
  2. Funnily enough, the MOD line is very optomistic and makes very little of the increase in PVR mentioned by the Telegraph.
  3. Haven't they always had problems with retention?

Although I do get the feeling that they will soon start dipping into the regular reserves to get manpower. So this probably works out cheaper for them, anyway.
  4. Guess who is in for a big pay rise then??
  5. Well, BAFF has been on about retention for a while, but the latest figures show that the number of people resigning from the Army has increased by 10 per cent in the last year to a worrying 12,500.

Proportionally fewer people have been leaving the RN and RAF.
  6. Really? You might want to check certain trade groups for some alarming figures. That assumes you don't get your figures from similiar places as the papers...

BAFF been on about retention for a while? Please correct me if I'm wrong but the BAFF has been running for a while now and I still don't see anything about it. Has your membership grown above a couple of blokes on Arrse yet?
  7. Bit of a cock really aren't you Stab? Have you not been watching the news or listening to the interviews or have you just been spouting off on Arrse?
  8. S2B
    Do you ever get your head out of your arrse long enough to watch T.V.?
    BAFF reps are on C4 news regularly, and often quoted in most of the quality papers available(no, not the scum).

Pity you can't stop knocking stuff, still its the little things which keep you happy, or so i'm told.
  9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

No, It's because he is a Cnut of the highest order.
  10. I take it your criticising the BAFF because you have an better idea? Or are you just being a cock?
  11. What? You mean they've started recruiting no-hopers from council estates? F*ck me....whatever next?
  12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Hard to believe I know.

I recently had to deal with an individual for a DCM, he had 3 pages worth of youth offences. When did we let the standards slip that low to let an individual like that in.
  13. Standards must have went up mate. When I was in he'd have been the RSM on a CV like that.
  14. The army could recruitmore from abroad. With the British army having the common wealth to recruit from ist suprising there is not more focus on recruiting from other regions.

Even with out the current conflicts It may be getting harder to find the low educated people to recuit with 50 percent of people now doing post A level or equivelent education in Scotland and NI; England not that far behind. The people that leave School at 16 may be more likely to be of a lower standard or have issues than when it was the norm.