Army criminal activity in NI.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BlotBangRub, Dec 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Link http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6177211.stm

Not very impressive.

2. How many are serious crimes though and not just warnings for speeding etc?!

3. a warning for speeding is not a criminal conviction.

4. It is only a reflection of the society from which they come. i think that our dear politicians should be surprised that the figure is so low

5. Not very impressive? I'd say it was very impressive, being a rate of (I think) 2% compared to the national average of 20%.

Typical BBC one-sided bollox.

6. But not having a TV licence is.

This could be anything from road tax to TV licence to pissing in the street.

7. As I pointed out in another thread on the same topic, 20% of the UK working population and 33% of all UK men under the age of 30 have criminal convictions.

Which all but demolishes any anti-army arguments these slimy politicians were about to put forth.

8. From a Republican MP...... How many of them have convictions ranging from racketeering to arms offences...... FFS get real. The problem is that things have got quiet and restrictions have probably been lifted on service personel so they are bound to have run-ins with the PSNI.

So what is speeding classed as? Well it's not a civil offense that's for sure. That's because they are in the process of changing it to a Civil offence.