• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Army Comms in the past

I've a copy of 'The Royal Corps of Signals' by Cliff Lord and Graham Watson..

but are their any other books on the corps/sigs history worth recommending.

cabbage_head said:
Well don't post geeky threads then instead of apologising. You've obviously been very bored of late as this isn't the only one!
but you replied . :p :p

At least I didn't mention laying cable well below ground (to protect it from shell fire) vrs laying it above ground (for speed) and the risks that entails...

polar said:
I've a copy of 'The Royal Corps of Signals' by Cliff Lord and Graham Watson..

but are their any other books on the corps/sigs history worth recommending.
Try 'Picking Up The Brass'.
It's brilliant and, to my mind, the most accurate depiction of the Corps as it was 20 years ago.

polar said:
cabbage_head said:
Well don't post geeky threads then instead of apologising. You've obviously been very bored of late as this isn't the only one!
but you replied . :p :p

At least I didn't mention laying cable well below ground (to protect it from shell fire) vrs laying it above ground (for speed) and the risks that entails...
Doh! You got me!!!

Latest Threads