Army, cocaine. Surprised the Arrserati haven't kicked off

Same as always tens of thousands of £££ training and send them down the road. Cocaine use is considered an asset in some city jobs these days.

Bring the thing under the Army Act (if it isn't already) and fine/jail them for each offence leading up to discharge as a final option.

Great picture of Lord Dannat giving a Brecon point.

It seems like a hell of a lot of lads take coke nowadays , its really way past the point of even being seen as a drug , its more seen as like drink .

Even the traditional sort of lads into sports dont see anything wrong with it . I out a lot of down to lads being much more image consicious and flashy and its seen as meaning you have loads of dosh , where as actually any prick with £30 can buy it .

It really is the ********* ********* drug , the fact its so tolerated nowadays pisses me off . Every year at our work xmas party we have 5 or 6 young lads abosultely off there chops and they make no effort to hide it .

Screaming and shouting , ripping things off walls , fighting - complete ******** behaviour but they happen to think they are the billy big bollocks and that no one has seen drugs before .

8084039.jpg

About time the DM realised we have changed uniforms

No. Drug use is totally unacceptable.
You want to wear the uniform and Soldier , whether it be TA or Regular, you obey the rules.

Taking class A drugs , in my mind is a huge NO!
On the ranges, guy in the lane too your left off his tits on cocaine. No thanks .

No. Drug use is totally unacceptable.
You want to wear the uniform and Soldier , whether it be TA or Regular, you obey the rules.

Taking class A drugs , in my mind is a huge NO!
On the ranges, guy in the lane too your left off his tits on cocaine. No thanks .
Whereas I agree taking class A drugs is a no no, the person on your left or right on a range is very unlikely to be off their head on drugs, maybe at most coming down but not high.

And to think a friend of mine was kicked out for posssesion of .001 gramms of cannabis.

Its not about endorsing drug use 'inside'. Its a reflection that some recruits will have taken recreational drugs outside, and that it takes a while to pass through their systems. Now we can either pretend that everyone joining is virginal pure, with no history of trying drugs, or accept that some do, and are of an age where impressionable youth make silly mistakes.

The system is clear - if you fail, you will be back termed, subjected to further testing and if you fail again then you are out. I suspect by back termed, it means being held back long enough so that anyone passing out will do so only if they are passing drugs tests with sufficient time to have elapsed since they joined the service.

Once you are in, then normal CDT rules apply - this is essentially a 'one time only' deal to reflect that for some, drugs are part of their lives until they join the military. I suspect the numbers involved are tiny, but it reflects more widely on the difficulty of getting recruits in and keeping them with current medical standards.

Fairly certain it states that people that fail initial CDT on entrance will be let off i.e. They took drugs in the run up to start date will be let off, so really no story. Pte Bloggs took drugs when he was Mr Bloggs.

Bin them, simple! I cannot believe that the military is that desperate to recruit that it needs to change the rules for Class A drug use, a criminal offence.

Never was a soldier, never tried coke. But. Recreational drugs other than alcohol are a fact of life, "The War on Drugs" has failed, and continues to fail miserably, so good on the army for joining us on planet Earth.
Be nice if our politicians summoned the guts to do so too sometime.

That said, from what I've seen, coke turns people into arrogant twats. Thick too, you can see them getting more stupid with each sniff.

'An Army spokesperson said: "Over 8,000 people joined the Regular Army last year and since this April, applications are over 20% higher compared to the same period in 16/17.

' "There has been no relaxation of the longstanding zero-tolerance policy on drug misuse." '

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5004447/Army-won-t-sack-recruits-use-cocaine.html#ixzz4wEqF1uEv

I beg to differ with the Army spokesperson's interpretation, but it appears this is a done deal!

'Last night, official MoD sources confirmed the change had come into effect in the last year.'

It seems like a hell of a lot of lads take coke nowadays , its really way past the point of even being seen as a drug , its more seen as like drink .

Even the traditional sort of lads into sports dont see anything wrong with it . I out a lot of down to lads being much more image consicious and flashy and its seen as meaning you have loads of dosh , where as actually any prick with £30 can buy it .

It really is the ********* ********* drug , the fact its so tolerated nowadays pisses me off.
I watched Gordo Ramsay's docu on catchup TV yesterday. He went out on pootrol with a Copper and within minutes they pretty much had two drivers stopped and tested positive for the old Bhutros. Both seemed to regard it as completely normal, even if you are about to drive a car to collect your kids from school!

I watched Gordo Ramsay's docu on catchup TV yesterday. He went out on pootrol with a Copper and within minutes they pretty much had two drivers stopped and tested positive for the old Bhutros. Both seemed to regard it as completely normal, even if you are about to drive a car to collect your kids from school!
I had mates growing up that smoked weed all day every day . I could not understand why they did not see it like cracking open a beer at 9am and driving .

I actually had to follow a guy a few months back who pulled in front of me at tempory traffic lights in a little citroen road workers van . I could see him in his mirror crammed the stuff up his nose whilst staring me out in his wing mirror . I followed him for about 10 miles and he was all over the shop .
Clearly a exception as that bloke must have had a huge problem to be cramming so much up his beak in the early afternoon but he could not drive for toffee afterwooods . Every turn was in sharp increment of 10 degrees like he was wrenching the wheel of the column .