Army Chopper In Pizza Run

From the Scum:

An Army pilot used a £3million helicopter to deliver a PIZZA to his girlfriend.

The 25-year-old lieutenant racked up a taxpayer-funded £10,000 bill to fly the takeaway treat to his true love — an officer cadet taking part in an exercise 30 miles away.

I hope he got a shag - possibly the most expensive one of his life mind you.

PK

Old-Salt
Obviously this is lie what with the air corps being the upstanding people that they are :?

It must of just been coincidence that the pilot had a pizza in his helicopter and he just happened to land next to his girlfriend. Sounds convincing to me anyway... :roll: :lol:

Anyone heard from Flash?

Mr Happy

LE
If it costs the Army 10,000 quid to fly a Lynx 30 miles then no wonder we've got no aircraft flying. CivRotorWing could do that for under 500 quid.

I hope it was a pizza with decent Toppings on it like spicy chicken and pepperoni and extra cheese.

:wink:

Mr Happy said:
Duck Dodgers said:
I hope it was a pizza with decent Toppings on it like spicy chicken and pepperoni and extra cheese.

:wink:
Quite, an none of that pineapple shite.
Pineapple on a pizza - fcuking minging. 8O

That's like putting fcuking sugar in porridge. :roll:

Smoked ham on your pizza is good though. Especially accompanied by several cans of Stella.
:mrgreen:

Are any of our helicopters actually worth £3M anymore (bar AH). I thought they were all in a shocking state.

CrapSpy said:
Are any of our helicopters actually worth £3M anymore (bar AH). I thought they were all in a shocking state.
I must admit CrapSpy that I had exactly the same thought. The last helicopter I flew I'm sure was worth about £3.50. Mind you it was powered by a rubber band and designed by Leonardo da Vinci.

However, in defence of the poor lad - if you can't abuse your position what's the point of being there! I remember City Flight - long dull hovers over Ballymurphy - a quick call to Air Tpr Baldrick on the UHF - a coded request for the evenings order from the local Indian (CURRYREP) - ensure that it was delivered to the gate at Palace just as we were landing - send Baldrick in the bowser to collect it (too far to walk) - Bingo!!

Swinging the lantern Ludlow?! Never mind - won't be long before you're back amongst your 2-winged master-race bretheren.
:D

Anyone heard from Flash?
No I distinctly remember the article said STANTA not WORTHTA

:twisted:

Mr Happy

LE
Speaking of curry I remember a recruit navex somewhere flat and boring, we were the 4Tonne start, halfway and end point (think figure of eight). On the mobile to Scoot ("nearest curry house please") rang them go them to deliver to a nearby RAF base, shot down to the gate arrived as the cuzzer did, quick exchange, back in the 4T back to loc., marvellous. Curry in the field. Hmmmmm. I suspect the Scum will tell you that 8 mile round trip cost the tax payer a grand....

Who the feck let the scum anywhere near this story?

surely this is one of them stories that are not in the publics interest?

plus the scum cant do sum's so it probably cost the tax payer £11.50 and two packs of polo's

Rincewind

Isn't this a bit of a non-story. So the guy made a mistake. He got his slap on the wrist and the world has moved on. If this is all the press have to report, they really are scraping the barrel.

What's the betting some journo takes this comment as a sign of tolerance of ineffefficient use of taxpayers' money in the Army and a prevailing attitude of indifference.