Army Chiefs Draft In Tough Zero Tolerance Policy On Drug Use

I think it’s the right move.

Empowering commanders to make a decision was a better way in my book.
Clearly some of them were a bit "lenient".

Best to get rid of the drug bugs, they can do as they please on civvie street.

The vast majority of recruits either dont do drug or give up when they want to join the army.
According to Kiernan (2011) in his study of a thousand infantry recruits at ITC, 61.6% had taken drugs prior to joining the Army. ;)

Just heard this on beefers. Are they (Gavin I mean) mental? That's the majority of the demographic we're trying to recruit alienated.
Beggers belief.
You haven't actually read it have you?

It's not on about banning new recruits who have used drugs in the past, but not re-employing those recruits and trained soldiers who have been kicked out for drug use.

who knew you could rejoin!! Blimey

If the daft cnuts can't resist temptation once they have joined I thought it was positive test and out.

It's not on about banning new recruits who have used drugs in the past, but not re-employing those recruits and trained soldiers who have been kicked out for drug use.
The BFBS report said zero tolerance on CDT failures ie no second chances for serving soldiers.

What happened to this idea then?

"Army offers ex-soldiers kicked out over drugs £10,000 to return to duty

Not a dig at you FF.

Which is it?

Not a dig at you FF.

Which is it?
Big Gavin was blindsided during PMQs (I think) and responded by denying that we took in people that had previously been kicked out for drugs.

Not a dig at you FF.

Which is it?
Fake news, S of S for defence made it very plain that there is no return policy.

Latest Threads