Army chief and a global rugby scam

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by oldbaldy, Apr 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1720036.ece

2. There's defo a Rugby match on next weekend though?

If not I'll just hang around in Twickers and get drunk...........hang on?

3. Having played against 7 Sigs a few times (and the Sigs corps side) both managed by him I admit I do have a little smile on my face reading this.

4. Of course it was...... :roll:

5. Obviously promoting something close to home ( sorry promoting his home) if this is true.

6. Some ammo for the RN against the pongos next wkend me thinks!

(Sorry, sorry, the Fijian 'B' team.....)

7. 7 - who cares how we win - signals I think you mean??

8. Played once against them in BMH Rintelns saturday team ( thats a team made up of those who might have driven past the hospital once). We beat em 21-14 and they left before even having a drink in the bar afterwards. LOL I think Hickling would have made them run back to Krefeld after that loss. Great game though.
    Highlight for me was when he came over to our skipper at half time (we were 14-nil up) and asked as it was a friendly game if he could make a few changes......
    He changed scrum half,fly half, props,wings... still lost though :D

9. The good "Col" H has done a pretty good job in making the set up more professional and some players have gone on to make names for themselves. That said unless you were one of Andy's boys you never had a hope in hells chance of getting in the team, even if you were playing top class rugby at the time for a civilian club. No great loss!

10. It is interesting that there is almost no, unqualified, support for him - maybe that speaks volumes!!

11. Methinks a future in politics awaits said chap... either that or a fit of coughing on "Who wants to be a millionaire"

12. that could potentially put a dent in anyone's finances, at £1000 a go :)

13. Having been at 7 Sigs with him when the rugby team were exempt from almost everything, an involuntary wry smile appeared on my face when I read the article.

14. That he did, that he was caught or that he has to repay the money?