Army Chef on Masterchef,The Profesionals.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by spike7451, Nov 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Anyone else see last night's Masterchef,the pro's?...One of the contestants,Shaun (40-Aldershot), says he's "a very well respected chef in the army" seems confident..
    Stilton tart with glazed apples & head chef Monica is well impressed with his cooking.Fat boy Greg liked it as well..
    Good luck to him,he's certainly dressed smarter than the rest...
  2. Good effort indeed .....

Obviously went to a different cooking school other than the Army School of Scran Assasins though?
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Its probably the 1st compliments he's had in 22 years!
  4. The UK army actually call their fitter and turners "chefs"? Gordon Ramsay is a chef, army cooks are handy sources of salmonela.
  5. Did he rap Fat Boy Greg over the knuckles with a ladle & shout, "OI, CUNT, ONE FUCKING APPLE"?
    • Like Like x 14
  6. But they don't normally say, "Here's £2.50 per head and you must include chips" in the Masterchef instructions, do they? Service chefs, given money (mess dinners, balls) and a decent amount of time have pretty much always been able to do a very good job.
    • Like Like x 9
  7. Agreed re Mess dinners, where for chips substitute Marmite potatoes...
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Shouldn't this be in the WaltenKommando forum

which ever way you skin it somethings wrong :)
  9. Cookhouse custard?
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Really?? Is there such a thing? Is saying 'well respected chef' not like saying 'warry clerk' or 'tall pilot' or 'slim stacker'?
  11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Did he not make it hours before service then dry it out under some lights?

The Corps will be distancing themselves from him for that basic error.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. The Army School of Catering has turned out top Quality Chefs over the last 60 years, who regularly took and are still taking out all
    the Highest awards in Civilian Catering competitions , Hotelympia and La salon de Culinaire have always been dominated by army chefs
    the royal wedding and christening cakes all made by ex ACC apprentice chefs , Billy Butlin used to personally recruit army chefs
    for the summer and easter peak periods,At the moment most of the Top Catering colleges in UK are staffed by ex army chef Teachers
    I put in my 13 years , and as a chef I was a great rechie mech, unluckily someone had to eat our cockups ,
    • Like Like x 3
  13. I must admit that when I joined up in 1990 (I know, sprog) I very rarely had a duff meal. Even when crew cooking with 4-man packs we'd eat well as long as the Operator knew his onions.

It was only when contractorisation came in with a vengeance that to food went rotten.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. He is saving that for the round with sausages
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Slop jockeys,the bleeding lot of 'em. ;-)