Army chef honoured for outstanding work in Afghanistan patrol base

Ministry of Defence said:
A Royal Logistic Corps chef who volunteered to serve in a patrol base in Afghanistan has been awarded the Food Services Warrant Officer Trophy 2010 for his outstanding work.

More...

Top man--well deserved. Must have been a major morale booster for the rest of the troops.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Top, top, top man! Food and Mail! If neither appear or are 'hopeless', there is 'trouble' ahead.

Medics, Cooks, Mail-men, amongst all the others, who support the infantry, are mainly worth their weight in gold. Mind you, I only had thirty five years and eight months at RD, so I probably know the square root of 'eff all'

Amazing bloke. Cooking for 160 on your own would be pushing it even in a decent kitchen. And then add in the occasional patrol and a bit of first aid to stop you getting bored ...

Yeah I know that. I was unaware however that attached Arms took on their rank structure.
Yes, they do. Regardless, what a top bloke. Who thinks an MBE wouldn't have been out of order either?

Yeah I know that. I was unaware however that attached Arms took on their rank structure.
Its optional in someplaces, one one hand people think your a sargeant so getting things done is slightly easier on the other you have to pay mess bills.

Its optional in someplaces, one one hand people think your a sargeant so getting things done is slightly easier on the other you have to pay mess bills.
Though I wouldn't imagine they would amount to much at a PH in Helmand

Though I wouldn't imagine they would amount to much at a PH in Helmand
But if he chefs for them back at barracks....

Anyone reckon he was still smacking hands with his ladle shouting 'oi, one sausage!!!' :D

Well, done. On tour the chefs always seem to come up with the goods.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Futurearmychef RLC 36
Goonerjim RLC 28
S The NAAFI Bar 73