Army Catering Corps

Why was the ACC never given the Royal before their regtl name?

Is this the end of that then :?

I knew the naafi was the right place to post the question. :D

Never mind Brummie :p By the by, they would have been known as RACCS? 8O

aka .... fitters & turners course

fit it in the pan & turn it to sh1te.

brummieboy1 said:
Why was the Aldershot Concrete Company never given the Royal before their regtl name?
I give up; why wearn't they given "Royal" before their regimental name?

CharlieBubbles said:
I know an ex ACC cook who trasfered his skills and became a POM, he needed NO conversion trg! . . . . :wink:
Not as strange as it seems, when I was attached to 23 RE in Traz, we went on a bridge camp. The Q dragged us two chefs out to build MGBs, good laugh, loads of fun but knackering after a while, we left 4, yes 4, RE Cpls in the kitchen to cook rice for that nights curry, 3 f'kin attempts it took them even after we had written the bloody instructions down. Just goes to show that catering is a skill, but any cunt can build a bridge :wink:

saintstone, enough said 23! They couldn't build bridges either, that's why I was a Crane Op, there to get them out of the sh1te when it went wrong.

ANYONE can cook Rice!

When was that?

CharlieBubbles said:
saintstone, enough said 23! They couldn't build bridges either, that's why I was a Crane Op, there to get them out of the sh1te when it went wrong.

ANYONE can cook Rice!

When was that?
'89, bridge camp in Hameln IIRC, the same year at Vogelsang, they challenged all the chefs to a bridge building competition, close thing I think on that one as our Q didn't like losing. Every morning PT session was training with the f'kin stuff :x

Fact 1: It takes the human body 12 hours to turn food into shit.

Fact 2 : It takes Andy Capps Commandos about 30 seconds. :)

Yeah, yeah, tell me one I haven't heard :-
Fitters and turners, hardest course in the army etc

Any f ucker CAN cook rice...

The chinks have been doing it with their eyes half shut for centuries.

The ACC were never bestowed with the "Royal" prefix, because one L/cpl Thomas "woodbine" Corkhill an 80 a day man, did fick a dog end absent mindedly into the fish dish he had just prepared for the Queen Mothers tea, she subsequently choked on this tab end and nearly died, the incident was passed of as a fish bone in the press, and corkhill recieved 5 days ROP's

This wasn't his first brush with the Royals, as 6 Years previously whilst serving food at one of the Queens summer Garden Parties, and having consumed some 75 cans of Herforder pils the night before did fly into an insurmountable rage as someone in a big hat tried to sneak an extra vol au vent onto their plate and he brought his serving spoon down with a violent force square on their fingers whilst screaming
"One pastry based savoury canape you fat f ucking stroker!"

This was passed off in the press as the queen had had her hand bitten by one of her corgi's. Corkhill recieved 5 extras.

Edited for sausage fingers.... one sausage only mind you, i dont want enraged ninja ladle rash.

shortfuse said:

The AAC were never bestowed with the "Royal" prefix, because one L/cpl Thomas "woodbine" Corkhill an 80 a day man, did fick a dog end absent mindedly into the fish dish he had just prepared for the Queen Mothers tea, she subsequently choked on this tab end and nearly died, the incident was passed of as a fish bone in the press, and corkhill recieved 5 days ROP's

This wasn't his first brush with the Royals, as 6 Years previously whilst serving food at one of the Queens summer Garden Parties, and having consumed some 75 cans of Herforder pils the night before did fly into an insurmountable rage as someone in a big hat tried to sneak an extra vol au vent onto their plate and he brought his serving spoon down with a violent force square on their fingers whilst screaming

This was passed off in the press as the queen had had her hand bitten by one of her corgi's. Corkhill recieved 5 extras.
Why would Teeny Weeny Airways be doing the catering for Royals when there are plenty of fully trained killers around to do it :wink: F'kin amateurs.

shortfuse said:

The AAC were never bestowed with the "Royal" prefix, because one L/cpl Thomas "woodbine" Corkhill an 80 a day man, did fick a dog end absent mindedly into the fish dish he had just prepared for the Queen Mothers tea, she subsequently choked on this tab end and nearly died, the incident was passed of as a fish bone in the press, and corkhill recieved 5 days ROP's

I know old Woodbine, I remember he would flavour his sauces by skimming his ring with his pinky, until it was just right. What a genius he was.

Surprisingly no one has posted the old joke that is rumoured to go back to the Peninsular War.

Sgt Major addresses the company; "alright, who called the cook a cnut" voice from rear of parade; "who called the cnut a cook"

swift exit from yours truly.

brummieboy1 said:
Surprisingly no one has posted the old joke that is rumoured to go back to the Peninsular War.

Sgt Major addresses the company; "alright, who called the cook a cnut" voice from rear of parade; "who called the cnut a cook"

swift exit from yours truly.
Brummie, see above, heard them all, now fcuk orf, there's a good lad, grown ups are talking :wink: