Army Catering Corps - Recruitment Poster - Help Please?

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by Combat_Cookie, Mar 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys,

I recently lost my laptop, due to a hard drive failure and hence, lost all my old files and folders, which were un-recoverable.

On my old laptop, I had a very old ACC recruitment poster, which I was hoping to have blown up and framed as a leaving present for my Squadron.

The poster showed a chef in whites, with a plate of food pushed in his face, with the quote 'Army Chef - Hardest Job in the Army!'

Does anyone remember it?

I have searched high and low on the internet and can't find it anywhere.

Would really appreciate it if anyone knows where I could get a copy of it, or where I can download it from...

Thanks in advance :D
  2. Cookie. Just post it once, lots of people will see it guaranteed.
  3. No problem Ritch,

Wasn't quite sure which section of the forum it would get most attention in.

Hence the posting of it in 3 sections,
  4. Its okay. Almost every post goes through the main screen for a little while so everyone will see it for the moment. I'm having an old search but can't find anything so far.
  5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Bin it.

Get Gordon Ramsey as a new poster boy

- "Join the fcuking army you useless wankrs - or stick to preparing dog food"
  6. Not a chance mate....

The recruitment poster I am after was a real classic...

Any old ACC members will remember the poster and it really summed up Army chefs at that time!
  7. The Aldershot Garrison Mess has one framed, I should know as I was the property member. Tel Ald Mil 2343
  8. Won't Cook, Can't Cook?
  9. Try the publications bloke at Headquarters recruiting group at Upavon! Sorry ot sure of number.
  10. I remember seeing that on in the late 80s, not sure if it was a real poster or a joke

Was a classic mind
  11. I for one, in the era of PAYD, am getting quite nostalgic about military chefs! I fear, that like the poster, they will soon be a faded memory!!!! Perhaps they should go on the endagered species list. You know.... polar bear, white rhino, full screw Army chef!!!!

Sat through 3 resettlemnt interviews on Thu - all military chefs, bemoaning the PAYD experience.
  12. The ACC (RLC) of tomorrow......
    "Do you want to go maxi on your core menu?"

PS, love the offer on the cash register!

PPS, who is the guy behind the counter, the photo is obviously photoshopped. Got it off google, first pic that came up, from the onion.
  13. I thought it was the hardest course in the army as no-one had passed it?