Army Cadets abused on street.

Discussion in 'ACF' started by vvaannmmaann, Mar 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ????

Not a very PC thing to say is it?
  2. Only in the last few years have people in uniform got abused.
  3. That's "Care in the Community" for you.
  4. Is that because before 'the last few years' you coudnt wear uniform in public for fear of being shot?
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Wonder if the pair of gobshites would have done it to some adults in uniform. :evil:

6. Fraid not mate-I can remember being stopped in the street many moons ago when I was going home from Cadets by some to55er who said 'just wait til we get you in Northern Ireland'. Charmer, especially when you're 16 lol.

More up to date, have been getting told by lads still serving of gangs of asians spitting on blokes in green kit out shopping in places like Windsor. Makes me fizz. :x
  7. Its sad it really is, thing is if you are in greens and are approached by anyone thats obviously going to have a go and you defend yourself and end up pasting the said attacker, what would the media make of that!
  8. ]Depends how you do it and how you sell yourself to the police etc. afterwards.
  9. May be it should become an offence to abuse anyone in military uniform?
  10. Maybe there are plenty of other offences which cover this anyway, breach of the peace etc.
  11. I can't quite decide if you're too old to remember or simply too young.

It happened on a regular basis in the early eighties. A mark one paddy wagon (Ford Transit) tried to run me over on the M4 slip road by the Courage brewery near Reading. Another time I was spat at and a trip to visit my sister in Streatham was to say the least interesting, particularly the bus trip from Brixton.

It didn't just happen to me so it wasn't my magnetic personality and as far as I can tell, the only things that seem to have changed over the years are the religious and/or political beliefs of the abusers.

But IMHO, the poor cadet was assaulted by a local Grade A listed fruitcake and they've been around since time immemorial.
  12. It's sad the complete lack of respect there is for the forces now, I was thanked by the police recently after stopping two kids (around 15) who I saw not only defacing the war memorial in town with the words murders, rapists, and killers but who also when approached by a man in his 80s they pushed him down and kicked him. When I grabbed one of them he asked me why the hell I cared and after informing him that I was soon to be joining the army he then spat on me and called me wannabe murdering scum (always delightful i feel) and then attempted to hit me, so I did feel the need to retaliate at this point because as far as I am aware hitting women is still wrong so I did hit him quite hard and gave him a nice black eye to deal with.

Me and a young guy who came to help kept them there while someone called the police and they were both taken away and sadly the old man who turned out to be a war veteran had to be taken to the hospital to be treated for shock and a broken hip.
  13. The above posts just reinforce how fcuked up Britain is becoming.

I bet if individuals or groups were picking on(say) women in burqas,the whole of the local plod would be out looking for the attackers.
  14. It is simply appalling that young cadets are abused on the street.

That's what the toilets in the cadet hut are for.