Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Army cadet questions

There are few schools that would give over 3hrs to CCF given the pinch on timetabling and other constraints, If this is a punishment detail then perhaps other school staff would be the first port of call, Tutors or other teaching staff?

I was about to post similar, in my experience 3 hrs CCF during the week is unheard of, none of my schools do more than two hours and likewise the schools I’ve assisted.

Time is far too short to fit in the syllabus and fulfilling the needs of RC and the AAR to waste it as described

Even where CCF is compulsory the bad eggs still have to be accounted for

Last edited:
I was about to post similar, in my experience 3 hrs CCF during the week is unheard of, none of my schools do more than two hours and likewise the schools I’ve assisted.

Time if far too short to fit in the syllabus and fulfilling the needs of RC and the AAR to waste it as described

Even where CCF is compulsory the bad eggs still have to be accounted for
I was on about 3 hours of standing to attention not a 3 hour ccf session.

Unclear. Where this is being metered out Jack? Can you give some more detail? One Parade on a Biennial Inspection or just because your boots were not up to snuff on an inspection? or over a period of time each week?

From the Army website. Just follow the advice.

If you are concerned about any child within the UK and feel that they are at immediate risk of harm call the police on 999. If you are worried about a child and feel that they need additional support you should contact your local children’s services or the NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000 or email help@nspcc.org.uk who will be able to provide advice and support.

If you are concerned about your own child you should speak with your child’s school, nursery, health visitor or GP who will be able to support and signpost you.

You can also talk with your unit welfare officer or call Army Welfare Service Intake and Assessment Team on 01904 882053. Email RC-AWS-IAT-0mailbox@mod.gov.uk

From the Army website. Just follow the advice.

If you are concerned about any child within the UK and feel that they are at immediate risk of harm call the police on 999. If you are worried about a child and feel that they need additional support you should contact your local children’s services or the NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000 or email help@nspcc.org.uk who will be able to provide advice and support.

If you are concerned about your own child you should speak with your child’s school, nursery, health visitor or GP who will be able to support and signpost you.

You can also talk with your unit welfare officer or call Army Welfare Service Intake and Assessment Team on 01904 882053. Email RC-AWS-IAT-0mailbox@mod.gov.uk
Good advice, but I suspect 'Jack' is typing porkies.

I am sorry but I do not believe that.

If you are being instructed by school staff then I do not see that going un-noticed. If you have staff from an affiliated cap badge visiting then they simply wouldn't do that.

I too am finding this a little hard to believe.

CCF night for three hours? Unheard of in my experience

At Central Camp? Way too many external staff about to intervene or report it.

On an overnight or Field day? Again CTT Staff will intervene and report it.

However if true the OP. has all the welfare resources of the school and should go through those channels.

Name the School...