Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Army cadet questions

They also have one cap badge, which the ACF should consider. Some in the ACF do wear an ACF cap badge.

The Cadets themselves wear an ATC capbadge, although, IIRC, CCF RAF Sections wear the RAF capbadge; uniformed adult staff wear the appropriate capbadge according to their rank.

QRK2

LE
The Cadets themselves wear an ATC capbadge, although, IIRC, CCF RAF Sections wear the RAF capbadge; uniformed adult staff wear the appropriate capbadge according to their rank.

Which is fair enough given the universality of the RAF and indeed RN/RM cap badges. Both RN and RAF CFAVs are clearly identified by prominent differences in their rank badges and RM CVAF by their headdress.

Those Air Cadets (and ex-Air Cadets) that I've met seem to take much pride in their own organisation and its history rather than trying to stand on someone else's shoulders.

Which is fair enough given the universality of the RAF and indeed RN/RM cap badges. Both RN and RAF CFAVs are clearly identified by prominent differences in their rank badges and RM CVAF by their headdress.

Those Air Cadets (and ex-Air Cadets) that I've met seem to take much pride in their own organisation and its history rather than trying to stand on someone else's shoulders.

To be fair, there are small group of walts in all organisations.

Nornironman

Old-Salt
FFS - this is a voluntary organisation for kids. It's meant to be fun. Replace cadet with the word boy scout and you will see how ridiculous this is. If some fool CCF walting wannabe is taking his lack of penis size out on kids he needs removed ASAP. Report this now.

Boxy

GCM
FFS - this is a voluntary organisation for kids. It's meant to be fun. Replace cadet with the word boy scout and you will see how ridiculous this is. If some fool CCF walting wannabe is taking his lack of penis size out on kids he needs removed ASAP. Report this now.

In my experience it’s more the ACF CFAVs than the CCF, most of the CCF CFAVs know that they are teachers (mainly) and they act accordingly

slick

LE
Going by some online chatter, one worry doing the rounds of a few cfav`s at the moment seems to be the state of all the cadet organisations post covid.
Despite quite a few units putting a lot of effort into virtual lessons, the take up from cadets has been minimal to zero, leading to the question of whether the cadets will still have the interest to turn up when drill nights return.

QRK2

LE
Going by some online chatter, one worry doing the rounds of a few cfav`s at the moment seems to be the state of all the cadet organisations post covid.
Despite quite a few units putting a lot of effort into virtual lessons, the take up from cadets has been minimal to zero, leading to the question of whether the cadets will still have the interest to turn up when drill nights return.

Time will tell, but I expect that a lot of youth and/or voluntary originations have the same worry.

Boxy

GCM

You mean “keeping the flame alive” isn’t working? Colour me surprised.

There is only a certain amount of Det Zoom/Team meetings, Kahoots quizzes and virtual lessons they can sit through.

They want to get out and about doing mad stuff with their mates, running around and shooting rifles.

We produced a plethora of narrated PowerPoint lessons covering the APC syllabus where we could, we conducted a melded SCIC, again as far as we could, it’s just not the same.

The Master Cadet, the pinnacle of their time in cadets is now a phone interview instead of the week long course...

All those that timed out with no or little recognition of all the time and effort they put in...

Is it any wonder they’re fed up?

Boxy

GCM
I'd hope that the dets, Coys or county's ensure that those who have 'timed out' are recognised once this palava is all over.

I’d like to think so too, however how many will be forgotten due to the time between them leaving and the Det/Coy being able to?

slick

LE
Anyone had any interaction with the Volunteer Cadet Corps (VCC)? Seems like another cadet entity but they don’t get the CFM, etc.
My stepson attended the RMVCC at Seaton barracks for a short period, way back in the mists of time (mid 1990s), but it didn`t seem to suit him.
I helped out during the preparation for one of their annual shows, a reenactment of the defence of Rorke`s Drift. I think the commander anticipated some well choreographed event, with two sides attacking and counter attacking each other.
On the evening it degenerated into what seemed like a couple hundred cadets, half of them blacked up, charging across the parade ground and wading into each other. Sound effects were provided by some older cadets in a line in the background, loosing off blanks into the air with cadet rifles. It was spectacular and hilarious to watch at the time. Hugely enjoyable. :)

VCC CFAVs are eligible for the CFM.

Awesome - wasn’t sure as the JSP doesn’t list the organisation (although it’s from 2016 so I’m not sure it’s the most current version).
F891FA8C-C666-4AC2-9118-BF15BBAF2CF1.jpeg

A new directive on the CFM has been issued.

There are some strange deviations for a long service and good conduct medal, as you no longer need 12 years continuous service or for that matter good conduct to qualify.

RC

Latest Threads