Army Burgen Side Pouches / Daysacks ... PLEASE HELP !

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by jenconnor, Sep 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I am new here so bear with me .... my partner, who isn't in the military, but very enthusiastic about it all has just bought a PLCE Burgen Rucksack from Silvermans .... when it was delivered he was over the moon. Only problem is , we can't really work out the yoke onto daysack thing ... could anyone please explain how the yoke attaches onto the side pouches to make it into a daysack.

It was all the straps and clips that puzzled us .... we think we have managed it ... just want to make sure !

Thanks alot

Jen !

2. We all use Superglue, to stop them falling off.

3. find somebody military and offer them a challenge for five pounds.
    Tell them that your record for assembling webbing is something like 15 minutes and challenge them to beat your time. Hey presto...webbing assembled.

4. hmmm.....Wah?.......Hmmm.......yep.

5. I cant remember worth a dime, although as long as it doesnt wobble and stays in place what are you worrying about? If he isnt in the mil then there are proper daysacks that are a hell of a lot better than a rocket pouch, but thats your call.

PS. as well as using superglue a bit of leccy tape round the coiled ends of the spare straps is a godsend.

.:M-F:.

6. I'll try and explain as best I can.

1. Zip the two pouches together. Now you should have 4 buckles at the top of the sacks, and 6 at the bottom.
    2. Get the yoke, clip the 4 buckles on the top of the yoke to the 4 buckles at the top of the sacks.
    3. Clip the bottom 2 clips of the yoke onto the inside 2 clips at the bottom of the sacks.
    4. Clip the two shoulder strap buckles into the 2 outer buckles at the bottom of the sacks.

And hey presto they should be fine.

Kind regards,

Sharpie.