Army Briefing Note on FAS

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Acid_Tin, Dec 17, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This should serve to quell some of the more uninformed garbage on this site about methodology regarding FAS.

2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Coo...steady on there'll be suggesting next that this is an ECAB initiative, endorsed by the Chief of Defence staff and Army-driven....

rather than the ARRSE version : Treasury-inspired cuts being pushed through by shiny-arrsed Snivel Serpents and reluctantly implemented by an ever shrinking overstretched Service.....

steady that man....blood pressures across the land are involved here!

a merry Christmas and a Peaceful and prosperous New Year to all our readers, regardless of height,gender or preferred Deity ! 8)

Le Chevre Couchant
  3. Well done Sloping Wire. This sort of detail is what is needed. I was listening to Radio Scotland phone-in with Ingram live today and they were discussing what was to happen to BW.
    Nearly everyone who spoke against had no real idea of the issues. They seemed to be parroting the same old mantra pushed out by the red tops. Again and again they went on about it being tradition hat caused Jocks to enlist in 'Dad's old regiment'. Finally some one came on who asked why people enlisted in corps that had very little tradition. Also made point that when a soldier enlists he has very little idea of traditions and regimental family ethos but learns as he is taught. Same sort of thing will exist in the 'new' BW etc.
    I cannot see PoD being pushed into what he thinks and says. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt that the revised system is necessary and will have the benefits claimed.