Army Bobsleigh - How can I get involved?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by specialconstable, Feb 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi again,

I've always wanted to have a go at Bobsleigh, and to me it looks one hell of an adrenaline rush! I'm in the MPGS and aged 38, so no spring chicken, but I guess never too late to get involved.

If someone could get in touch and advise me of a first port of call then that would be really great.

Thank you

2. Try the AWSA website or phone 01748 872810
  3. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

You need to be able to sprint like the wind and bench press a small village.

Secretary Army Bob: Maj Helen Carter

Telephone: 01748 872810 (Mil: 94371 2810)

Call her, tell her you want to become a lycra clad bob god, and don't stuff in on Horseshoe, it hurts like fcuk
  4. I had a trial back in the 70s with Prince Michael at Seefeld, nearly shaat myself on the run, never, never ever again.
  5. Porridge_gun

6. Longlenny

Longlenny War Hero Book Reviewer

I had an interview for this in the late sixties. I was racing motorcycles in Germany at the time and it seemed a good crack for the winter. The interviewer told me it was no good applying if I didn't have a private income. I do so hope that things have changed, for the better.
  7. As porridge gun says. superb sprinting ability and strong as an ox. In my day (not that I did it) a lot of the Para Reg team were gym queens or rugby league types.
  8. Porridge_gun

In my Day, the British Team was made up of mainly Para Regt, Sean Olssen, Bean Ward, Eric Sequalor all 1 Para.

There was a tankie, but he was a c0ck and got booted out for drugs.

You'll not that the current GB coach and world champ is Army Air Corps though :D
  9. What great replies, sounds like I might be suitable but I will probably really 'shat me kecks' first time round then do it again half an hour later!

Thanks everyone

10. Ah I had been on a very heavy Apres Ski the night before and was not feeling my usual super-human self that morning
  11. Porridge_gun

Bobsleighing is awesome, loud and exhilarating...... You need to crash though, its the measure of the man that gets back in and goes down again after that.

Alan Wells couldn't hack it
  12. Your spelling is atrocious :D , but yes. Predominately 1 PARA and all of the persec names you mentioned. Additionally, it was orginally the PARA Regt team but was changed into the Army team - same as the Red Freds.

Hats vs Paras again anyone? :D

Edited for mong abbreviation