Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Army blows up Anthea Turner

To return to the clip, (if I may ladies),

Fortunately she had the presence of mind to drop off the tailgate

on the version I have it sounds as if she hits the ground like a sack of shite.

Presence of mind? Fainted with fright more like.

Schadenfreude. There's nothing quite like it.

cpljimmeh said:
crabtastic said:
cpljimmeh said:
its not as funny now we no wot its all about :-s. ah well, still a good chuckle. before reading that, when watching it, it looked like the mic exploded or something, because her hair catches light after.

Welcome, Jimmeh!

Please take the time to locate the [SHIFT] key on your keyboard and make use of it in future.

Is that a feckin' ATC Sqn badge on your Avatar? If so, I hope it's been put there with an appropriate degree of irony or the pish will surely be ripped mercilessly. :wink:

Why thankyou for your welcome. Unfortunately my shift key was in for repairs whenn i wrote that, but its back from the shop now. Its fine! Oh and yes, thats an ATC badge in my AV. Take the pish if you want. But i am fiercly proud of my sqn, and i dont care what your opinion is of the ATC. Have you ever been in the ATC? Nah, i bet you were ACF?

Cdt Cpl Jimmeh,

I am an ex-ATC CWO (feck, was it really that long ago?) as it happens. Just do yourself a favour, get into Summer Camp mode- wind your neck in and try not to act too much like a mong. (Act as if it's your first day at secondary school.) Some allowances might be made for your youth and lack of experience, but try to remember you're at the big-boys table now. As an ex-Crab, my brethren and I come in for some considerable abuse and banter- as a Spacey, it could quite easily turn into open-season on you before you even know what's going on.

Again, welcome, but please try and behave yourself. The last thing the ATC needs is further reinforcement of the stereotype.

P.S. Thanks for the commentary on the tape, but there are only a couple of Germans on the site. The rest of us are mostly Britsh, in 99.9% of cases we possess a sense of humour and therefore the reasons why something is funny do not need to be explained to us in detail. :wink:

Ok guys, i appologise. Crabtastic, I have seen an example of the abuse and banter now! I have tried to get too involved here i feel. Sorry Guys.

Ah I have my favorite Screentshot of the week! :twisted:

boom.png

Harry_Boomers said:

Fortunately she had the presence of mind to drop off the tailgate, or the bike would have hit her as well.

Presence of mind ? What a lot of bo11ocks - the dozy doris fell off the tailgate after the bike had left it.

Did she write that rubbish herself or does "Robert Fox" reckon he'll get a nosh out of it ?